Menu
DorotaH
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replaced sim txt message

Hello all,
I have replaced my son's sim card few weeks ago. Since the replacement i am receiving txt messages from my son's phone: 'your 5010x sim card has been replaced'. However he does not send those messages. (I know - must be ghosts; ) his phone was next to me this morning and somehow received txt regardless). it some kind of automated messaging? How do i get rid of it ?
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replaced sim txt message

Hi DorotaH

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about these phantom messages you're getting from your son since his SIM was replaced.

What handset is he using may I ask? Is it an Android phone?

There may be an app installed on this phone responsible for the messages - has he had a look at the apps he's installed (especially if there's any 'security' of 'Find my phone' type apps on there which he may have given your number as a contact or 'alert' number should another SIM be used on the handset). This is a common security feature that can be enabled on some phones as the holder of a stolen phone will be unwittingly messaging the owners contact with their own phone number if they put their SIM in a stolen phone, enabling it to be traced.

Ask him if he can remember setting up any app like this and let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
DorotaH
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replaced sim txt message

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. Yes it is an android phone. And you are right - i have activated 'find my phone' function on my son's phone. There's no other apps from what i can see.
I have deactivated it. Hopefully txt messages will stop. Thank you very much for your help !
Dorota
0 Kudos