Menu
Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Repeated failed credit check mystery!

OK everyone are we sitting comfortably? Then we shall begin...

Once upon a time there was this happy little Squabbit who had an impeccable history with a very well know brand of media suppliers. She had been playing with them happily for many many years (6 to be exact) and had never had a falling out, nether an argument but of course she had the occasional gripe but no relationship is perfect now is it?

Then one day this strange little bedfellow entered into her happy balance life, it was the dark and ominous "freestyle" contract. A strange little fellow with a hidden agenda...to offer you loans instead of contracts..."Oh my!" thought the little Squabbit as she tried to understand the magic small print but regardless she picked up the magic pen and signed for 2 lovely new phones.

Now she knew that she was entitled to 3 phones because here credit band said so and that credit band was written in stone according to the wise wizards at the virgin’s heart! But these were lies...When she decided to add the final handset to her happy circle, a dark dark cloud descended upon her and the terrifying words "Credit Check Failed" echoed about here happy place. She blinked wide eyed in disbelief because the fairies over at Equifax assured her that her hidden credit files were in perfect order as she had always been a good LilSquabbit and had always paid everything on time.

So off she went back to the wise wizards of the Virgin Heart and explained it too them but they were having none of it...YOU HAVE FAILED they screamed at her in a polite and charming voice of course. Not only had she failed once but now after 3 attempts to calm the "credit beasts" she had failed 3 times...She was not a happy Squabbit...So with her head down, she wondered back to the magical kingdom of Equifax but to her surprise there had been no credit checks made by the infamous Virgin Heart, not now, not even in the past few weeks..."How strange" she thought!

NOW...all stories aside

• Credit file is in good standing
  • No recorded searches on Equifax made by Virgin Media in the past week even though apparently I have failed on 3 occasions in the past 3 days.
  • No help from the team on 789...passed from one to the other with no solution
  • Outstanding payment record with Virgin Media with no arrears at any time.

I think it is time this Squabbit started looking for a new Wizard to keep her family entertained and possibly preventing herself from having a complete breakdown...

Thank you for reading

Goodnight people...goodnight x

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated failed credit check mystery!

On the plus side your avatar is approved...

If the Squabbit could wait for the denizens marked as "staff" from this particular part of the Virgin Kingdom to pick up on the thread so eloquently created, they have the power to dispel the evil magic that is plaguing poor Squabbit..

Unfortunately it will be after the weekend as they can only dispel magic during office hours...

VM "credit checks" appear to be some form of spinning the Big Rickety Wheel, you are not the first to note that no ACTUAL credit check is run. How that fits with the legislation as they are supposed to be a legit loan provider after the change to freestyle, I will leave for them to explain..

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And once you get through the Credit Check there is the hurdle of the infamous 'Technical Glitch'.

Whoever is in charge of acquisitions at Virgin needs the boot. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lil-Squabbit,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you've failed the credit check. We want to look into this for you.

So we can do this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Awww thank you for your concern @Mat_H but this issue was driving a wee bit insane as I knew in my lil heart that my credit file was in  shiny, perfect condition. So in an act of defiance, I decided to take a chance and order the phone through another provider and low and behold I was accepted instantly. I have no idea what criteria Virgin have for weeding through applications but as it currently stands I think the company are and will continue to loose customers until it is re-vamped. Thank you for all you help though it is always appreciated to know this Lil-Squabbit is cared for x

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
MrsMonty
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain exactly why I moved to EE WITH A PERFECT CREDIT SCORE with acceptance straight away...
Something funny going on here as my partner tried to join and refused too and he has 3 phones with an alternative network provider...I swear they put deals online that don't even exist to reel customers in, as me and my partner were offered an LG phone as an alternative!!! lol no thanks...bunch of con artists I think with a **bleep** load of LG phones to shift haha
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H wrote:

Hi Lil-Squabbit,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you've failed the credit check. We want to look into this for you.

So we can do this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

I like semantics. The study of language and its actual meaning. Mat , we know you have scripted reply's, its your job.This is not aimed at you, or any of the staff that have to try and salvage a similair situation.

Given the NUMBER of issues on here with EXACTLY the same issue , maybe its time Virgin Mobile changed the script. Maybe Lil Squabbit and Mrs Monty would be a bit more accepting of the situation if it were changed to

"Im sorry WE have messed up scoring your credit"

instead of the inference that there is some fault on their part that

"I'm sorry you failed the credit check"  carries...

maybe not as they were quite clearly upset already, but VM are allegedly a communications company...

Just sayin....