Menu
meticulousme
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Repair team damaged / scratched my phone photos

I sent my brand new s7 (had it less than a month kept it in a case to protect it as usual) to the repairs team in mint condition as it was experiencing the black screen of death and it came back today dirty and damaged / scratched on the back. The scratches are between the clear back plate and the platinum gold metal back plate - the unit is sealed and I have no access to this area. I am very upset and have been on the phone with customer support who said I have to send it back again. They suggested I send photos via chat which is consistently not available. I'm very distressed about my phone coming back with damage when I sent it to be taken care of. I don't want to send it back again as I don't trust what will happen to it now. So I came here to post photos of the damage. I'm sick to my stomach that someone handled my phone with such a lack of care - whoever did this should be ashamed to treat someone's property like this when they should be looking after it. I'm really worried now as to what's going to happen when I send it back tomorrow Smiley Sad

20160721_120840.jpg

20160721_120849-1-1.jpg

20160721_120857-1.jpg

20160721_120906.jpg

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repair team damaged / scratched my phone photos

I've just flagged this up for a mod to look at as they may miss it.
I'm not sure they work weekends, but good luck
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

meticulousme wrote:

I sent my brand new s7 (had it less than a month kept it in a case to protect it as usual) to the repairs team in mint condition as it was experiencing the black screen of death and it came back today dirty and damaged / scratched on the back....

Are you sure they sent back your handset? Does the IMEI match the one you bought originally? Personally, I would send it back and demand a refund. You can cancel both the purchase of the handset and the contract itself, according to the new Consumer Rights Act. The S7 is a waterproof handset. If Virgin's repair team (who aren't authorised Samsung repairers) have made this little effort to protect the finish of the handset, which is visible - how do you know they've made any effort to protect the invisible water proofing?

Let me answer that one for you. You won't know, until it's too late.

meticulousme
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you J0hn

0 Kudos
meticulousme
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI and thanks for responding. Yes, that's the first thing the woman I spoke to got me to check yesterday - the IMEI numbers match.

I will be sending it back, I have no other option but as for demanding a refund or replacement I am at the mercy and professionalism of the person who looks at it - same people who damaged it. -_-

There was a Samsung checklist card that says 'as part of our SMART Service initiative we aim to provide you with the best possible service. With this in mind our Samsung authorised service centre has ....' so I don't think it was an un-authorised repair from that card. Although it sounded like it did go to 2 different places to be checked because the 2nd chap who I spoke to spoke about the first team who checked it.

Funny you should mention the waterproofing as a tick was in the N/A column next to (IP67 or IP68) water/dust resistant check on the Samsung card. Not sure what that means as nothing was mentioned in the covering letter or in the notes. I have a sinking feeling that whoever did the damage has negated the manufacturer warranty.

Any advice from anybody as to how to get Virgin to replace it - I don't trust that the phone has been handled properly.

0 Kudos