Menu
Ekelly8888
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Repair mobile

I am a disabled woman who relies on my mobile for day to day contact with carers an home helps.  I sent my Nokia Limia 520 away for repair on 8th May and was told it would take one week and no more.  After numerous calls, I have now been told my mobile cannot be fixed.  Although it is only six months old and under warranty,  I am told it is a manufacturing fault and I should take it up with Nokia.  My contract is with Virgin Mobile,  not Nokia.  Why should I be paying for a contract I cannot use.

If my mobile is in warranty, and it's a manufacturing fault, then why could I not have a replacement handset.  My husband has now called eight times and we are getting no where.

I have been with Virgin for Broadband, Home phone and 3 mobile contracts for my family, but are getting treated terrible.  I don't need a state of the art mobile.  Just a working one.  I feel trapped as I am housebound and rely on my mobile so much it is frightening.  Can anyone help?? Please.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Solitaire1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Repair mobile

Hi Ekelly,
This is disgusting, I can not believe what Virgin have become. Their customer service is non-existent. I am so angry on your behalf. I won't go into detail the fight I've had on my hands. Let's just say it's like hitting your head against a brick wall.
Although I can't help you personally, I will, as I have been doing, repost your problem on Twitter. Everyone needs to know the sharp tactics Virgin have resorted to. Disgusting!!
I have contacted CISAS regarding my issue and as you can imagine, they are aware of many complaints.
I hope you get a resolution. SOON!
Regards,
Solitaire.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Ekelly8888
Joining in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repair mobile help please

Help needed for mobile repair

0 Kudos
Solitaire1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Repair mobile

Hi Ekelly,
This is disgusting, I can not believe what Virgin have become. Their customer service is non-existent. I am so angry on your behalf. I won't go into detail the fight I've had on my hands. Let's just say it's like hitting your head against a brick wall.
Although I can't help you personally, I will, as I have been doing, repost your problem on Twitter. Everyone needs to know the sharp tactics Virgin have resorted to. Disgusting!!
I have contacted CISAS regarding my issue and as you can imagine, they are aware of many complaints.
I hope you get a resolution. SOON!
Regards,
Solitaire.
0 Kudos
Ekelly8888
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repair mobile please...

Thanks for your reply solitaire.  I appreciate you re posting my comment on twitter for me, as I am not very technical with twitter, Facebook etc.  old school ha ha.  I also get no where with Virgin customer services.  Foreign call centre based in Asia, that just read from a script then cut me off.  I hope you manage to sort out your problems with Virgin and thank you again for taking time to respond to me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ekelly8888,

Welcome to the fourms.

I'm really sorry that you've had so much trouble with the mobile repair. I want to do all I can to get this fixed.

So we can get on the case, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps. You can view this by clicking on the red envelope in the top left.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ekelly8888
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Mat.  I have filled out the form as requested and hope you are able to get me a working mobile as soon as possible or give me a date when my mobile will be repaired.

Many thanx

0 Kudos
Ekelly8888
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repair mobile please please

I am still waiting on my mobile phone repair.  I am desperate now to get in touch with carer,s and home helps. All the numbers I need are on my sim card.  But I have no mobile from Virgin.

How much longer will I need to wait.  So much for assuring me when I sent the mobile for repair, that as I am disabled it would be treated as a priority.

I still have no update on the repair.  My mobile is my lifeline and I need help now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for filling out the form Ekelly8888 Smiley Happy

One of our team will be in touch as soon as possible to ensure that this is fixed for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ekelly8888
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Someone got in touch with me from Virgin mobile, asking me to be patient as they have made an error and could I send someone to go and buy me a pay as you go mobile whilst I am waiting.

No date at all for getting my mobile back.   I am now letting the newspaper take up my case. They could not believe that Virgin mobile cannot help vulnerable and disabled by getting phone repaired in the week as promised.

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Ekelly8888 wrote:

Someone got in touch with me from Virgin mobile, asking me to be patient as they have made an error and could I send someone to go and buy me a pay as you go mobile whilst I am waiting.

No date at all for getting my mobile back.   I am now letting the newspaper take up my case. 

This is six days after the OP contacted this forum in desperation after everything else failed.

Every time you think service couldn't get any worse something like this shows up.

This is not just poor service - it is a blatant contempt for a vulnerable customer and done deliberately.

Surely there must be a manager at VM who will stick his neck out and act with a modicum of decency.

0 Kudos