Menu
wm29
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Registering a new phone with VM

Thought I'd give a heads up on this.

I changed my account to SIM only some time ago. However, the phone that currently registered to the account is the last phone I had obtained from them (Nokia 6300!).

I wanted to update VM with my latest phone so that it can be blocked should I lose it or it gets stolen. So I rang 789.

The agent told me first of all that he could not do the update online as my new phone was obtained from a third party, i.e.not VM. It had to be done manually! The main reason given was that they have to crosscheck the IMEI number with the phone type information I gave them.

The bummer is that it takes up to 14 days to process this. Just hope that I don't lose it or have it stolen in the meantime Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering a new phone with VM

Hi wm29,

Thanks for posting this informationSmiley Happy

I'm sure the rest of the community will find it very helpful. Its great advice for anyone in a similar situation to yours.

If you get any issues with this let me know.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Baggers1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have updated Virgin with my new phone but they cannot update your phone and IMEI number on your On-line account so whenever you go into that it still shows your old phone. And before anyone at VM says anything I updated my previous phone through them and it still shows my first phone that I had with them on my on-line account.  Its very frustrating this cannot be changed and shows how behind the times and inflexible they are at times.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Baggers1,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry our website falls below what you expect of us.

I've replied to your post here.

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
wm29
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

More than 14 days have passed since my original post.

Unsurprisingly, the 'manual update' was not processed. Still shows my old Nokia. Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi wm29,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Apologies you've been waiting a while to get your phone details updated.

I would recommend calling our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can take a look into this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos