Menu
preddymadly40
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Regarding upgrade

I am on a sim card contract with Virgin media,  last year, i went into a shop to see if i was entitled to an upgrade, i was told i had to wait at least 3 months, so i just didn't bother in the end,yesterday,i rang Virgin media again to see if i was entitled to an ugrade for a mobile phone, the automation and the operator said i was entitled to an upgrade, feeling pleased, i contacted the operator and asked , can i upgrade,  she said "right, you are on level1 credit point, you need to be on level2 to get this phone sorted out", i siad "okay, how will this be done", the operator said "i will send a form to management and get this changed for you, and will see if we can get you your phone and will contact you in 24 hours", reluctently, i said "okay fine", something was bugging me, so, i decided to ring up again after a few hours, i rang up only to be told by the operator "oh i'm sorry you cannot have this, due to not having made 6 months worth of direct debit payments", even though i have been with them since August last year, i argued with them, about the fact i have been with them since August last year, but, was told again the same excuse, i was passed onto another operator again, who said the first thing i was told before, i will send another form and re-apply for your credit increase to level2, i persisted that i have already done this, and was refused, but, felt i was getting no-were, i am not sure what to do, i am in two minds now, to look elsewere for another phone company...as i feel if it says i am entitled to an upgrade, then i should be allowed an upgrade....this information is misleading..and i am on the verge of reporting Virgin media to trading standards for false misleading information...

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regarding upgrade

There are other providers who are less strict on mobiles, shop around

0 Kudos