Menu
Kdicaprio84
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Refused upgrade

I noticed that when i logged into my virgin mobile account it said i am due an upgrade. (Earlier than expected) But i was pleased as my samsung s4 has just about had it.
I choose the Samsung s6 with a tablet thrown in which was a bonus.
I get all the way to the end to be told ive failed the credit check and cant upgrade?? But virgin are happy to take my money every month and has done for over 4 yrs!!
Ive never heard anything like.
Obviously i am not staying with virgin and will cancel as soon as i can
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refused upgrade

Have a look at this page (you'll need to log in to your account). If the card on file has expired, you might consider updating it and having another go at the upgrade.

Please let us know if it makes any difference...

0 Kudos
Kdicaprio84
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Makes no difference. The card hasnt expired.
0 Kudos
Jlowe76
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I had the sane issue last year, got told I was due an upgrade then at last min failed credit check. Same as been with virgin mobile for over years, best bit is they won't give me an upgrade but yet they will allow me to keep on payed monthly contract ??

How can that be ?
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Gorf

An expired card on the account wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to a credit check with Virgin

The credit check remember is also based on your external credit file so loyalty or the amount you pay per month is redundant when the credit check is ran.

I understand that a new phone is important to people so I would always recommend writing to the Virgin underwriting team. They can give a clear explanation why you failed the credit check. If you want to appeal the outcome then by all means do so. At the end of the day . What have you got to lose?
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Lee_B wrote:

An expired card on the account wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to a credit check with Virgin

My understanding from the huge number of people that are suffering from this problem is that they pretty much all have an exemplary credit record, and a check on the Experian website shows that Virgin haven't even performed an external credit check.

This is an internal problem with Virgin. The idea that it might be an expired payment card is not mine. Another customer noticed after an unwarranted credit "failure" that their card, which had been used two years previously to make the initial payment on a handset, had expired. They replaced the details with their current card info and suddenly they were able to upgrade.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Gorf

I can assure you that the people that fail are for genuine reasons and not because a credit card or debit card is on the account . When Virgin staff perform upgrade , they don't need to have a credit card or debit card registered on the account nor even check if there is one that's on the account.

This comes from my experience working in the upgrades and cancelations team Smiley Wink

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
jonboy1970
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there.

I been a virgin media customer for years and also with the Mobile side as well.

Started with a with a HTC Desire back in 2009-10

Then upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S2 and 3 months before that contract was due to expire I upgraded from a £30 a month tariff to the VIP Tarrif at £39.97 a month. After receiving massive billing a couple of months before hand, talking a few hundred quid here..

Then back in January 2014 I again started a new contract receiving a Samsung Galaxy S4 for which was sent by Yodel and that in itself was a fricken nightmare as they made no effort to deliver the handset and claimed it had been 3 atttempts and yet I was in everytime on the time they claimed to make it.

Anyway I ended up having to travel to the other side of the city to collect it and to add this phone again was on the VIP tarrif at £39.97

So here's the recap..

6 years for which I would say the last 27 months virgin have had at least £1199.19 off of me + £30 a month for the other 3 and a half years plus some high bills at least 45 months averaging £50 so that's £2220 , so id say £3420... that's some serious money ....

And on going to upgrade and baring in mind I have always paid my bills on 2 occasions a late payment through no fault of my own, (Bank Error) 

Also supposedly had insurance as well and was told I would have to pay a lot of money for the handset to be repaired (Ironical after being nearly due a new phone after my girlfriend knocked it off the bedside table and broke the screen) So now I am stuck with a bag off crap to get me by...thinking I was gonna get a new one..

I too was refused a contract renewal on a new handset and then to add insult to injury I was also refused a Contract Sim I was going to have the £15 quid all inclusive one as well.

Credit rating on Experian is 926 Very Good it states and the final insult my minutes were renewed beginning of February 2016 and the contract ends on the 13/02/16 my handset was paid off last month (apparently) and then I'm billed £13.75 for 13 days ?? and yet it states on YOUR site that after a phone is paid for the current rate for a whole month without having a new handset on the top tariff is £15??? 

Oh and I have had virgin internet since the days you took it over from Telewest who I was with and United Artist before that so I can honestly say I have spent well over £10000 with your company..

Virgin Media used to be brilliant.

Now everything about the company makes my blood boil. 

Along with Sky your just ripping people off and spitting them out when it suits you.

FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
jonboy1970
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well after speaking to a helpful chap over the phone who messaged the customer underwriting team, he called me back when he said he would, to give me the news that I could have a sim only pay monthly deal.
So something did get sorted.
Turns out apparently my details needed updating.
But why wasn't that stated?
Rather than making it look like I was just refused on credit terms..
A lot of bother, for unjustifiable reasons really.
At least I got something.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear that you got this all sorted Jonboy1970 Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for any frustration caused on our part. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos