Menu
Cazerella
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Refused upgrade secondary to poor credit rating

I am really angry and disappointed with Virgin mobile.  I have been a customer of Virgin since its beginning.  Today I phoned for my upgrade and was declined secondary to credit check.  I then did an online credit check (Equifax) that gave me a very high rating of excellent (477).  Nothing can be done I have to write to the underwriter which will take approx 30 days.  This is awful service, I am now going to approach Carphone warehouse and get the same deal .  I cannot believe that a loyal customer who has paid out thousands of pounds over the year is dismissed like this.  I also have my media with you, I will look into other providers for that too.  I have always paid my bills, form looking at the report there was a late payment many years ago but that was prior to my previous contract.  Management should be able to overrule this.  Plus Equifax states no credit checks made.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refused upgrade secondary to poor credit rating

Hi Cazerella,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you were denied the contract. We don't like to see this at all.

With regards to appealing, you would need to our underwriting team as they're the only department that can overturn the decision. Please let me know if you have any further questions relating to this as we'd love to keep you on board.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Cazerella
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,
Thanks for getting back to me. Too late have switched to another provider who actually have better rates and deals and customer service. Hopefully they will appreciate my loyalty better than Virginia. This surely is very damaging to the company as it is apparent I am not the only one. Wasn't really willing to wait up to 30 days for underwriters. I just don't get how my credit check with the same company as you use gave me an excellent score and I failed. There must be an error in your system somewhere. Will certainly be warning anyone else who wants to listen.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cazzerella,

We're really sorry to lose you as a customer. I wish we could've kept you as a customer. With regards to the underwriting team, they deal with this on a case to case basis which is why there's a long time to wait for this.

Please let me know if you need anything further from me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Cazerella
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,
Thanks just hope it is passed on to management that this has happened . And my credit for cpw was fine also. There must be a flaw somewhere and it would make terrible business sense not to investigate further x
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Cazerella

Thanks for getting back to us, fingers crossed this is sorted as soon as possible.

I'd love to hear how you get on.

Take care and happy Christmas

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos