Menu
pontypaul
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Refused a new deal

I have today, for some reason, been refused a new contract. I have been with Virgin Mobile for over 10 years and never missed a payment. The new monthly amount would have been exactly the same as it is now. Needless to say I will be terminating my agreement as early as possible.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refused a new deal

Hey pontypaul

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced in trying to get a new contract. How did you apply for it? And what was the reason given for being rejected?

If you feel you were wrongly rejected, get back to me with that information and I'll take a look as soon as possible.

Sorry again for any inconvenience

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pontypaul
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig. Thanks for your reply. Apparently it was an "outside" credit check that did for me. As I said I've been with you many years without a problem and the new payment would have been the same as I am paying now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pontypaul

Thanks for the super fast response, I'd like to request that this be investigated so we can be sure we're not doing you wrong. It's not nice to see a customer who's been with us for years have these issues so I'd really like to see if we can get this sorted.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, you can view it by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll speak soon!

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pontypaul
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, Craig but it was in vain. Your gang don't feel I can be trusted to pay the huge sum of £15 a month for 24 months. I have spoken to another provider who is willing to, so regretfully I will be leaving you. It's a shame that loyalty of over 10 years is not recognised. How do I go about taking my number with me, please?

0 Kudos
rickyboy335
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pontypaul.

I had the same problem with a 'credit check'. when I tried to upgrade to a 'Sim only'deal

I also have been with Virgin for about 10 years but will be leaving when my credits run out.

0 Kudos
anfieldjanny
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guys

This happened to me too. Ive been with Media 20+ years and mobile 10 years. £90 a month media, 4 mobiles (at one point)

The problem was with my Equifax credit file. I paid £2 to download a report and found it was Virgin Mobile who had discredited me..  Thats the ONLY thing that is against me - the rest is A+..  The problem was one which VIRGIN created.   At the end of a contract in Oct 2012 - contract had finished, notice was given as required. The following month they took money from my bank and I had to phone to tell them it had been cancelled because the contract had ended. They told me to cancel the direct debit with my bank and apologised.  I got a refund for the overpayment. For the next 3 months I had letters and emails from them that I hadnt paid my bill. I made contact with them several times about the issue. I was told they were switching I T system over and the old system was generating these demands automatically, they were sorting the issue - I received several £££s of credits to apologise, and they assured me that the issue had been corrected.

Now I find that this issue of late/demanded payments are the  months I so called defaulted on the cancelled contract.   Totally mad about it. I contacted their credit underwriting team and they have agreed to take these debts off my credit file "AS A GOOD WILL GESTURE"    Absolute Cheek!!  - they make it sound like I defaulted on payments when it was their  inept IT system that caused the debt but their taking off the file for my piece of mind.  So now I have written to the CEO.  It has caused so much upset and worry - completely needlessly. he has contacted me back with 24 hours

I would advise you to pay the £2 Equifax fee - that way you can check what or who actually caused the problem, and even if you do not decide to stay with them, its worth pursuing - because if it is there system that caused it - they WILL put the record right.

Anfieldjanny

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pontypaul

I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me, I'm massively sorry that we didn't the result I would have liked and respect your decision to move on, if you choose.

For information about keeping your number, take a look [here]. If there's anything else I'm able to help with, just give me a shout.

Sorry again

0 Kudos
ChrisK1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

anfieldjanny wrote:

Hi Guys

This happened to me too. Ive been with Media 20+ years and mobile 10 years. £90 a month media, 4 mobiles (at one point)

The problem was with my Equifax credit file. I paid £2 to download a report and found it was Virgin Mobile who had discredited me..  Thats the ONLY thing that is against me - the rest is A+..  The problem was one which VIRGIN created.   At the end of a contract in Oct 2012 - contract had finished, notice was given as required. The following month they took money from my bank and I had to phone to tell them it had been cancelled because the contract had ended. They told me to cancel the direct debit with my bank and apologised.  I got a refund for the overpayment. For the next 3 months I had letters and emails from them that I hadnt paid my bill. I made contact with them several times about the issue. I was told they were switching I T system over and the old system was generating these demands automatically, they were sorting the issue - I received several £££s of credits to apologise, and they assured me that the issue had been corrected.

Now I find that this issue of late/demanded payments are the  months I so called defaulted on the cancelled contract.   Totally mad about it. I contacted their credit underwriting team and they have agreed to take these debts off my credit file "AS A GOOD WILL GESTURE"    Absolute Cheek!!  - they make it sound like I defaulted on payments when it was their  inept IT system that caused the debt but their taking off the file for my piece of mind.  So now I have written to the CEO.  It has caused so much upset and worry - completely needlessly. he has contacted me back with 24 hours

I would advise you to pay the £2 Equifax fee - that way you can check what or who actually caused the problem, and even if you do not decide to stay with them, its worth pursuing - because if it is there system that caused it - they WILL put the record right.

Anfieldjanny

Not with Virgin mobile myself even though I looked into it this week and never will be after seeing the burp about doing a good deal because “you are an existing customer” then reading on where it says “don’t worry if you’re not an existing customer because the price is the same” so loyalty counts for zero with Virgin Media unlike the real 50% discount you get with BT mobile if you are a BT broadband customer.

On the subject about companies making mistakes with your credit references isn’t about time they were made to pay by law a automatic fine of £££ into the account of those who have been a victim of these imcompentencies. I had the same a few years ago with Tesco refusing me a credit card even though I had £12,000 in one of their savings account and owning my own home.

VM mobile need to pull their socks up because look what's happening to Tesco now.Smiley Very Happy