Menu
garydavidprince
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Refund for over charging

I am still being charged full price for a contract that ended in April 2016. I didn't realise the contract was up for renewal and I was going to consider an upgrade but VM have charged me full price since April and are now refusing me a refund. Is there anyway to get my money refunded first before considering whether or not to stay with them?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund for over charging

Hi garydavidprince,

no, once your contract period came to an end you continued on the same tariff on a monthly rolling basis.

That is the way with the old style contracts. Your monthly payment will continue until you request to change :

“3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term: We may contact you towards the end of your Minimum Term to let you know that the Minimum Term is due to come to an end. At the expiry of your Minimum Term we will continue to provision you with your Contract Allowance on a monthly (or other periodic) basis and will continue to bill you for the Charges. If you wish to change your Contract Allowance at the end of the Minimum Term then you can do so by contacting the Team but you will need to sign up for another Minimum Term. You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term or any subsequent monthly renewal date for your Contract Allowance if you do not want us to continue provisioning you with your Contract Allowance each month. If you do contact us we will not provision you with your Contract Allowance but will continue to provide you with the Services at the rates set out for Pay Monthly customers in our Tariff Table until this Agreement is cancelled by either you or us in accordance with Clause 10.”

It's your responsibility to notify Virgin if you want to change your plan (upto) one month before the end of your contract period.

If you don't contact them and make alternative arrangements, you will continue to pay the same as you have.

The new Freestyle Contracts are much better in this respect.

These are split into two parts, one for your phone and one for your airtime.

Once your phone is paid off, you just continue paying your tariff for your allowance (minutes, texts and data).

Unless you happy to continue paying your current price for your provisioned allowance now you are out of contract. I suggest you give the Team a call on 789 to discuss options available to you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
garydavidprince
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid :-) what happens if I did contact them about it but nothing has been done? They conveniently have no record or any notes on file but I remember contacting them about it as I had to set up my daughters phone at the same time.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi garydavidprince,

it's a shame as your contract period ended nearly six months ago that you have only just realised that you are paying (presumably more?) than whatever you might have agreed.

I can only suggest that you call them back and pursue the matter. If you can provide dates and times it may be helpful.

Not of use to you now, I realise. However on my phone I have an "automatic call recorder" (you can download one free from the app store).

This is very useful in such cases as conversations can be saved and referred back to at a later date to validate any discrepancy.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos