Menu
alexbailo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Receiving calls from the UK while abroad

Sorry if this has been posted before.

i have a monthly sim only contacted and have moved to Spain for a year. I'm just wanting to confirm if there would be any charges for me receiving calls from a UK mobile or if the person calling me would be charged? I know it's free to receive calls from the 'Welcome Abroad' message but are there any other charges involved at all?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving calls from the UK while abroad

Hi alexbailo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

It is free to receive calls while using roaming in Spain. The person that calls you would be charged whatever the rate to call Spain is with their provider. 

I've provided a link here to our making calls broad help page. There's also a break down of making international calls here

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
imogene
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving calls from the UK while abroad

Stephen_B wrote:...

It is free to receive calls while using roaming in Spain. The person that calls you would be charged whatever the rate to call Spain is with their provider. 

er... no - if the person calling is dialling a UK mobile number, it will cost them the normal cost of calling a UK mobile number - it doesn't matter if the called number is roaming in Spain (or anywhere in the world!).

If you're roaming in Spain, it's free to receive any calls. There are no additional charges for anyone who is party to the call.

0 Kudos