Menu
Debbiedex
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Receiving Text

I have a samsung s6. When Im at work, although I have a full signal, some texts messages are not being received for ages and then several will arrive together and if people call me sometimes it goes straight to answerphone without ringing. Ive been sent a new sim but still have the same problem,
0 Kudos
Debbiedex
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving Text

Any idea as to how this can be resolved or could it be a problem with my phone ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DebbieDex,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with messages not coming through. I want to look into this for you.

Can you let me know if you only get the problem when you're in work? If so, are you able to PM me the postcode?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the private message option on the right hand side.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Debbiedex
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Postcode is wd18 0hb
0 Kudos
dodge61
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've just started experiencing the same problem (only my thread on the subject wasn't answered Man Mad )

We have 4 Virgin mobile handsets in the household. My HTC, a new LG G4 and 2 iphone 5s models.

After years of pretty much problem free service, in the last 1-2 weeks my phone has suddenly started receiving text messages very late.

Not every message, some are fine, and none of them from other VM users. But I got one recently nearly 12 hours after it was sent and missed an important contact.

Interested to know answers.........oh, and mine isn't happening in one place. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dodge61,

I did reply to your other thread regarding this Smiley Happy Sorry to hear that you're having issues with service.

I want to get it all sorted for you. Can you let me know what model of handset you're using so I can provide some advice?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dodge61,

Are you still having trouble with the texts arriving late?

Please let me know if there's anything you need from me. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
katie_gerry862
Settling in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue and is purely sporadic , some time i receive text over an hour after it was sent by people , i also have people reporting they cannot connect to me when calling direct , i have tried calling my mobile and indeed it does not connect all the time , a hit and a miss 
i have tried another sim from another provider in the phone and all works fine so seems to be be a sim card issue 

how do i go about getting a new one ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie_gerry862,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with delayed text messages. I'd like to get this sorted for you.

I'd recommend calling our mobile team on 789 or alternatively 0345 6000 789 so we can take a further look at this for you. If you explain what you've tested so far our mobile team can double check things our side and then as you've mentioned if necessary replace the SIM card.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos