Menu
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

Sorry to reply without needing an unlock, but was curious about what the “purple sim” thing was about?  I’m looking at going SIM only in a couple of months when my contract is up, will I have to get one?  I’m on a iPhone 5s, thIs unlocking business sounds like a faff I could do without??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi grahamking,

Thanks for posting. The mods have moved this on its own as ideally they want to keep the thread here as on point as possible in order to avoid delays for others who need help.

Further to your question, over a 2 year period, all traditional red SIM cards will become surplus. As of December we now only send out purple ones. This is because we're now becoming a Thick MVNO network. We're still using EE for the signal but will have greater control over many network features and offerings etc.

If you've purchased the iPhone 5s from anyone other than Apple directly then it's likely it's locked to a network. Any changes made to your tariff will trigger a SIM card replacement from us. Don't worry though, you can either request the team submit an 'Apple iPhone Unlock' form or we can do it here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich_B for the reply, makes sense.  I bought the phone from Virgin on a Freestyle contract, but it sounds like if I do get a new SIM when I change tariff then it might need unlocking.  I’ll know where to come then.👍

0 Kudos