Menu
bstusco
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Question for forum moderators?

How the hell can you defend this company? Yes some of you may help to resolve some minor problems, but quite often we get generic solutions/ answers to the majority of issues. The account site is trashed since the so called upgrade and nobody wants to call customer services as it usually ends up with the "Customer", gettting even more frustrated. Obviously many many more issues. I'm actually curious as to why and how you become/ became a moderator. Do you get a good deal on a new phone? Seriously you are supposedly just volunteers but who wo uld volunteer to defend this overall shambles of a servive in many aspects.

Helpful Answers
bstusco
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Question for forum moderators?

Oh i just got "Ranked up" for my last post. Smashing.
0 Kudos

All Replies
bstusco
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Oh i just got "Ranked up" for my last post. Smashing.
0 Kudos
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well all the answers are generic, whatever the issue, so maybe they are robots!! But seriously I bet they are well cheesed at all the *bleep* problems people have with virgin. Is all about making a buck i'm afraid. Less money spent on advertising and more on keeping customers would be a good idea, but virgin seem short on them... 

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I have to agree, from personal experience it seems to me that if an issue can't be solved by the stock answers of 'change sim/change handset/phone 789' then they just ignore it and hope it will go away as the question slowly sinks down page by page! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Aren't the forum moderators employees? If so, it'll be part of their contract.

0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I agree with the above, I work in IT and if a call I'd logged then it can't be ignored, it must be followed up, if it can't be resolved then it would be escalated to a higher level, as mentioned above the admins here do little other than provide cut n paste answers of say phone 789, buy often the customer can't use his of her phone.

I've had issues with roaming which k got resolved but only by going some research and emailing the ceo directly.

My issues were, no roaming, this was resolved by ceo team.

No data roaming and unable to text to request data package, again resolved by ceo team.

Now I'm still unable to make outgoing calls, this is still be looked at.
0 Kudos
bob60
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are completely useless. I posted on here 3 days ago and nobody from virgin has even bothered to reply.

I have been with them since 1997 but will go elsewhere as soon as I get back to the UK.

0 Kudos
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get an answer Bob60? I posted over 3 weeks ago about an ongoing problem and am still waiting lol!

Not sure why but I keep checking just in case someone offers an answer but it seems unlikely now!

I really do feel that if the 'change sim/change phone/call 789' answer doesn't help then they simply don't want to know and seem to think if they ignore it it will go away, and it will ... I, like many others, will go away to a different provider, simple as that. Yes I will end up paying more but a cheap price is no good if the service is consistently unreliable and unuseable.

Sorry Virgin, you were great but somewhere recently you lost it, it's sad to see it change for the worse :-(

0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Bob I tend to agree. I work in IT support and if a call is raised it will stay with team until it is resolved, escalated if needs be whereas as you mention on this forum the team rarely mention anything other than phone Virgin, something that many can't do, I only got resets coz I emailed the ceo and the issues were mostly resolved easily and quickly showing that it can be done with a push of a few buttons, something that the admin team here can't do for whatever reason.
0 Kudos