Menu
NOS911
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Question about billing dates

I am a new customer to Virgin Mobile and so far its not been a great start, i was initially sent an old standard sim that wouldn't fit any modern phone, then i was unable to access my account for over a week and had to reregister and now i see im being billed from the wrong date.

My account went live on the 25th July(this is the day i recieved my sim)but im being billed from the 20th July which is the day i placed my order, this means im being billed for 5 days that i had no use of the service, Customer service told me that is correct and every customer is billed from the day of order not the day your able to use the service from.

Is this correct? i have to say with the issues so far im seriously considering cancelling before my cooling off period ends.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Question about billing dates

I suspect the cooling off period has been and gone. Their billing dates and payment dates do seem a little of, in theory you start within 24hours. Try calling back explain it was a late delivery and ask for a weeks credit, if your are reasonable about they normally respond well

0 Kudos
NOS911
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Interesting that the accounts go live 24 hours after order when its impossible for the service to go live that quick when ordering via the phone, regarding the cooling off period the saleman on the phone told me i can cancel at anytime within the first 30 days without penalty and the 2 customer service reps i've spoken to both confirmed that.
Surely they haven't misinformed me? if they have then its nail in the coffin and i will be leaving.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Check on the website, you may be correct, distance selling regulations may have a shorter period than Virgin allow

0 Kudos