Menu
M9G
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

QUESTION FOR TECHNICAL TEAM - new SPEEDY app for mobiles?

Was interested in this then realised its only for iphone and android - why isnt it available for windows phones and can we have one please

Helpful Answers
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: QUESTION FOR TECHNICAL TEAM - new SPEEDY app for mobiles?

Hi M9G,

Apologies for the confusion.

I can see Gorf and jhuk have been helping you out which is great.

I will have a look into this for you and let you know as soon as I get an update.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi M9G,

Thanks for posting your query here.

Unfortuantely this is not something we have control over I'm afraid.

Is this the app you were referring to here?

This app belongs to another company so we have no say on which platform has access to it.

Hope this clarifies things.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
M9G
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No its not that app

Its the new virgin wifi speedy buddy app that allows you to connect to virgin wifi hotspots, I had an e-mail from virgin about it the other day.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
M9G
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes i know Gorf thats why i'm posting the question
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know M9G my answer was for Stephen's benefit, not yours.

Depending on where you look, the figures for market penetration of operating systems varies wildly, with Andriod or IOS being the dominant force depending on the point the article writer is trying to get across. They are, however, consistent in that the distribution of Windows is a fraction of even the second most popular of these market leaders.

Virgin Mobile will have developed their first version of the app based on the most popular o/s. It's likely they evaluated takeup and decided that it was worth providing the version for the second most popular o/s.

Whether Windows for mobiles gets a version of the app will depend on the number of users of that o/s on Virgin. Potential takeup of the app can be extrapolated from its usage on the already-developed versions. Virgin would then decide whether the estimated takeup justifies the training and development costs for a Windows version.

TL;DR - it'll only be developed if there's a business benefit to its development.

0 Kudos
M9G
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that and I understand that but.... no customer is more special than any others and therefore all customers should be treated equal and enjoy all the same benefits equally.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The last build recently added Apple support but removed the Widget for Android users.

TBH Windows phone does not get supported well for these Apps and even MS the other day said they may drop Windows OS and go Android for their next phones.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi M9G,

Apologies for the confusion.

I can see Gorf and jhuk have been helping you out which is great.

I will have a look into this for you and let you know as soon as I get an update.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

mer8071
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Porting the app from Android is easy enough now that Microsoft have provided the API conversion software. Windows is now on a roll with Windows 10. All windows apps whether on PC, Tablet or mobile will be universal. Most of my friends have already switched from Android to Windows. Why can't Virgin see that Windows is starting to take off. Will be opting out of the free WIFI access until there is a Windows Buddy app. Not a great fan of IOS and was using Android for over 5 years but now using Windows 8 and 10 as my mobile platform.

0 Kudos