Menu
SHARAD
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Push out the right SIM

I recd the new sim which had a transparent panel to which was attached a SIM card and the words "nano sim" below. I have a new Lumia 435 replacing an old Nokia phone.

At the back of the phone beneath the battery slot is the section where the new sim is supposed to fit but I can't remove the section of the card marked "Micro SIM" without using scissors to cut out the needed card.  Is this ok?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Push out the right SIM

It should just push out, cutting will be ok if you cut on the correct line and keep away from the gold chip, I'd call into any mobile shop I'm sure they could resolve this for you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Push out the right SIM

Hi SHARAD

It sounds like you have one of our 'combi' SIM cards which can be used to fit different sized SIM slots.

It should be pre-cut so you can just push out the Nano bit of the SIM from the Micro sized surround.

If it doesn't seem right, let me know and we'll get you some more help with this. We wouldn't advise cutting with scissors as this could damage the SIM card and handset.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos