Menu
matt84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Proof of usage (virgin mobile)

Hi,

I  purchased an iphone 6 on contract from virgin mobile but swiftly gave the phone to my partner ported my existing mobile number over and used my old samsung s3.

My samsung s3 has packed in, whilst cliaiming on the insurance through Barclays bank mobile insurance they have requested 'proof of usage' from my supplier. 

This has been advised is an email sent to confirm I have used this number on Virgins network.

I have called in and basically been sent 2 bills.

This does not seem correct as surely the insurer would have simply asked me to provide a 'bill' statement. 

There is contrary information on this forum, some have took it upon themselves to contact the execs office to be given the letter.

Please help?

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of usage (virgin mobile)

Doesn't the bill state the mobile number used and the IMEI number of the device?

Maybe the insurance company want proof that you're using the phone supplied with the contract so that they can replace it as standard..

Saying that, it would mean that it actually mattered what phone you were using, which would make some sense to ensure you're not claiming for someone else's phone.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
matt84
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bill shows my account number, home address, mobile network, mobile number, no imei.

I have sent them to the insurer to see if it is suffice. If the response I get back from them is that it is then I will update my post.

Cheers

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Best of luck with the claim, hope you get it sorted.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy