Menu
Emz82
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Proof of Usage

I have phone insurance through gadget cover. Unfortunately i dropped my phone and damaged it so i have had to put a claim in. They are asking for a 'proof of usage' document showing first day and last day of usage. I have asked virgin three times for this and have been told all they can supply is proof of purchase and proof of usage on calls which i have sent my insurance company but this isn't good enough....gadget cover say i can get this proof and virgin say they can't so i am a bit confused. Does anyone know if virgin can supply this?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of Usage

They should be able to, but your not the only one with an issue. A different insurance company, but t was resolved in this link 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/How-to-blacklist-an-IMEI-number-for-a-lost-phone/m...

you can copy your bill to prove first last day if they will accept it, but the blocked imei info should help, you may need to call them again when you have all the info you can obtain and see if you now have the proof you need.

writing in to the address athe the bottom of the page, contract us, should do it but that might take weeks there not good at support nowadays 

0 Kudos
Emz82
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I still have the handset as its just damaged so the imei isnt blocked. I have spoken to virgin but they just say they cant provide it. Not sure what my insurer expects me to do.
0 Kudos
Oldie55
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

isn't what they're asking for irrelevant? The first and last usage doesn't show whether the handset is being used - it shows whether the SIM card is being used or whether that mobile number is being used. The handset could still be in use with a different SIM and/or number.

Is the phone damaged beyond repair or are you just claiming insurance to have it fixed?

If it's damaged beyond repair then I assume that they just want proof that you're not still using a phone which you've claimed the insurance money for. In which case just offer to send them the damaged handset - that's definitive proof that you're not using it.

If that doesn't work, then ask them for their formal Complaints procedure. If you've offered proof that the handset can't be used then they should pay up.

0 Kudos
Emz82
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think what they are asking for is something that shows the handset itsself isnt being used as a bill just shows phone calls. I have had to put my sim in my partners old handset for now so obviously the number still shows in use. I still have the handset and would happily accept a repair, virgin told me the other day that this document is only requested normally if a phone is lost or stolen so i think they are just trying to get out of it. I have put a complaint in with the company now so will see what happens.
0 Kudos
Emz82
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As an update for anyone with similar issues....all is resloved. I put in a complaint with the insurance company which didnt get acknowledged for days after which prompted me to write another complaint lol, anyway i finally got an apology, an aurhorised claim and 15 pounds off my excess! Just goes to show its sometimes worth kicking up a fuss.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emz82,

Thanks for coming back to this and letting the Community know that you've had a "win" with the insurance claim for your phone! 

Was this insurance coverage taken out via Virgin Mobile?

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Emz82
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No it was through gadget cover insurance.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emz82,

I'm just checking in case this was arranged through us so that I could provide some feedback back to the company.

Thanks for letting me know.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
SarahH72
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I'm having exactly the same trouble, would you mind sharing your complaint letter to the insurers please?! 

Thanks

Sarah

0 Kudos