Menu
Brionyjones
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Proof of Purchase

Hi,

I have never in my life had such bad customer service from one company.

My phone got stolen last weekend and after being advised that my insurance was not added on to my phone (IPhone 6 Plus). I have now taken an alternative route and gone through my bank.

I am now trying to get a proof of purchase, which seems impossible to get hold of. NEVER did I once get a receipt of purchase from virgin for my pay monlthy phone.

I would like to know how I could get hold of this as soon as possible so I can then get on with my insurance claim?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of Purchase

Hi Brionyjones,

If you purchased online or over the phone you will have been sent an email agreement and confirmation.

Are you able to print this off to act as proof of purchase.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Brionyjones
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I need proof of the make model and IMEI number and when the phone was first used and last used before it was stolen.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brionyjones,

a quick search through past posts suggest that you're going to have a problem here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/insurance-proof-of-usage-with-IMEI-number/m-p/2950...

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Brionyjones
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What about a receipt of purchase.

When I took the phone out a receipt must of been generating including the make model and imei?

0 Kudos
Brionyjones
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you please provide me with a refusal letter saying why you cannot provide this so I can send this to my insurance provider?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you bought the handset from Virgin, the IMEI should be in your "My Account" page.

0 Kudos
Brionyjones
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have never been able to access my account online? I know if I ring virgin they will probably put the phone down again for the millionth time. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brionyjones

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you've had some issues getting the 'Proof of Purchase' you require with regards to your insurance claim.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Danibarlow
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark 

i am having the same issues with Virgin to access a copy of my proof of purchase for an insurance claim.  I am annoyed that they can send me every other detail by email including a credit agreement but they cannot send me proof of purchase by email! Something so simple I need to wait 10 days for!? Can you please PM if there is any alternative to get quicker? 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos