Menu
Chakacam
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Proof of IMEI Usage

Hello

I have had the same issue, my phone has been insured with the bank I need to provide proof of usage from Virgin Mobile of the IMEI with my mobile number.

I had called virgin last night, after 30 minutes on the phone trying to explain what I needed I was told that they could not provide me with this information.

I would appreciate any help on this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of IMEI Usage

Hi Chakacam,

Thank you for your post and so sorry to hear about your phone. Unfortunately we cannot provide that information but what we can do is provide information showing we did bar the phone.

I will send you a private message to get this done for you :smileyhappy:

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
Paul1200
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Customer service states that they cannot send any proof of my phone being blocked following it being stolen,

because it has no e-mail facility's. My mobile was a gift from a very good friend, but he has been unable to find the receipt. My insurance company will accept Proof of blocking or an letter stating that Virgin cannot supply an Proof of use or an IMEI number.

Please can anyone help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul1200,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your phone has been stolen. This is never a pleasant experience.

I've replied to your post here.

Please respond to that one.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
robnewton1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its an MVNO problem. I had the same problem with Talk Mobile, a Vodafone MVNO. Talk Mobile couldn't give me the info because they don't have that level of access to Vodafone & Vodafone couldn't give it me because I wasn't their customer. Its a stupid situation but unfortunately that's the way it is.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think the only thing that's stupid about it is that insurance companies know their are only four network operators who can supply this information. Even BT are a MVNO hosted by EE.

Maybe it's just a stalling tactic in paying out claims...

0 Kudos