Menu
gtaunj1
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Proof of Blocking & Proof of Usage

I am resorting to this forum because the customer service I have received during the past 9 days has been the worst I have ever come across. I lost my phone 10 days ago and have an insurance policy; however, they require proof of blocking & proof of last usage from my network provider (virgin).

I reported my phone as lost 9 days ago and was told that proof of blocking & last use was being sent out last Tuesday; however, I called today and was told that could never have happened because it must be requested in writing by sending a letter in the post. Furthermore, I have been told 3 separate times that a new sim card has been sent out and then each time I have called to ask why I have not had it, been told that it was never sent. Today I was even told that they had no records of ever speaking to me during the past 10 days...I have had 9 seperate phone conversations with virgin mobile in the past 9 days....

Please can somebody please shed some light on what the correct policy is and assist as a matter of urgency? 

Either way... I will be making a formal complaint about the service I have received, as it has been absolutely shambolic and in the meantime I am left without a phone. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of Blocking & Proof of Usage

I think your proof of usage needs to tie in the IMEI of the handset with the recent usage. Virgin don't do this as they are a virtual network operator (they rent capacity from EE). They simply don't get data at such a low level.

It's only my opinion, but this is the fault of your insurance company. They know there are several MVNOs in operation in the UK. They've taken your money to provide cover, and it's only now, when you need to claim, that they are telling you they need proof of usage.

It's not unreasonable that they need to tie the usage to that IMEI. Otherwise, what is to stop you buying a knackered handset off ebay, insuring it for a couple of months, losing it in a "freak yachting accident" and then claiming using your VM bill for a completely different handset as your proof of usage?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of Blocking & Proof of Usage

Sorry - where I said "Virgin can't do this" I should have said "Virgin can't do this unless they provided the handset"

0 Kudos