Menu
scibot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Proof Of Usage - Required Letter For Insurance Purposes

Have called up on 3 seperate occasions so far for this - and I am getting nowhere fast. Not until I mentioned cancelling did I get a response that was helpful in any way.

I know Virgin cant provide me with a proof of usage for my mobile. Nor a proof of purchase. But I dont need these. I need an email from Virgin, simply stating the fact that you cannot provide me with a proof of usage, and the reason why (being that the phone was purchased elsewhere).

I am claiming for a broken phone through my insurance, and the window is 14 days, so far they have requested information every couple of days, and now we only have 2 days left, so i suspect my insurance company know the crack with trying to get hold of one of these fabled documents, and are trying to stall this as much as possible.

I have been told I can write to head office and expect a response within 7 days, but this is going to be too long winded given the timeframe required. 

I consider this a fairly simple straightforward request, but - given the experience I have had so far in trying to get hold of what I need, this is my last ditch attempt to get a real human response, and hopefully what i need. It doesnt matter if its email or fax, as long as i can get it to the insurers pronto.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof Of Usage - Required Letter For Insurance Purposes

Sounds like your insurers are trying to wriggle out of this, I would be asking them why you need this piece of information

0 Kudos
scibot
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's my worry. But surely, if Virgin are aware they can't help any of their sim only customers - they should have a template or a document that States this. If I could even get an email response or a message or anything, they will accept it. But nothing is coming my way no matter how I ask.

Help?
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don’t know which insurer you are using but if you have some prove of purchase (Bank/Credit Card statements, email receipt) then I am not sure how your insurers can dispute your claim as you are not abliged to use the phone you insure.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi scibot

Thanks for your message.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos