Menu
barry21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems

I have a phone with virgin(i am a virginmedia customer) and my dad had one(he is also a virginmedia customer), I recently upgraded to a new phone and got the 250 minutes, 1gb data deal for £6 per month. My dad failed the credit check and was put on a rolling monthly contract the same as me £6 per month for 250 minutes 1gb data.

I got him a new phone on my account but done it online(for quickness) and just picked the £5, 250 minutes, 250mb thinking once I got it I would just phone up and ask for the same deal. So, I got the phone and phoned and they didnt let me - they said they cant because the phones are "different families" even though they're not, technically both phones are mines and I dont know what they're talking about, they dont explain anything just say they cant offer me it because they are different families, I asked how do I make them the same family and she said she doesnt know what I mean Man Frustrated.

Just wondering if I can cancel the sim part and if my dad can get virgin to send him out a micro sim which he can just put in the phone and use it as his current sim card doesnt fit the phone.

Whole thing has been a mess and so annoying as virgin wouldnt allow him to keep the same phone number because apparently you cannot swap a virgin phone number for another virgin phone number, it has to be from another network, so he had to change number and now might need to change back to his old number. Smiley Frustrated Man Frustrated Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems

Are you sure the current SIM won't fit? They usually have a push-out section which means a couple of SIM sizes are accommodated on the same card.

barry21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the sim did actually fit, I just assumed it was different for some reason. Now just need to cancel the other sim Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling shouldn't be a problem for the other SIM as it's essentially a SIM only tariff (even the SIM portion of the Freestyle tariff works this way) and has no minimum term beyond the next refresh date.

Just remember to ask for a PAC if you need to keep the number..

0 Kudos
barry21
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know, you actually can't cancel the sim part while you are still under contract with the phone.

Even though they make out they are seperate and that the sim deal is a "30 day rolling contract" you cannot cancel the sim until you have ended the phone contract - it is essentially the exact same as it was before they changed only now they let you think you can cancel the sim when you want.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

barry21 wrote:

Just to let you know, you actually can't cancel the sim part while you are still under contract with the phone.

Amazed by that. I've replied in your other thread.

0 Kudos