Menu
kashe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems with using my mobile in the USA

I have arrived in the USA and my phone hasn't welcomed me or found another network, since it can't connect to Virgin here, both of which it usually does. Why is this? I have switched on Roaming, by the way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with using my mobile in the USA

Hi kashe,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear the news your phone isn't connecting to a network in the USA. This clearly isn't good if you need to contact home.

Even though roaming shows as active, there may still have been a problem when activating it on the EE platform. You could try resetting it your end.

You can now do this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-
Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

If it shows it's turned on then please turn it off. A green message will appear. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful. Then you repeat the process to turn it back on again waiting a further 2-24 hours.

If this fails, and you can get to a phone, then the next step would be to call the team on +447953967967. They'll be able to check the network over.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
kashe
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I did as you suggested and turned off roaming but when I went beck into my account 12 hours later, I noticed that somehow it had been switched back on (without me doing anything) and I still cannot find a mobile network service. I have been trying to telephone the number you included as a link but it keeps saying the system is busy and to try again later. I am not impressed by the amount of time and energy this is taking up, particularly since I have been trying to sort this out myself since Wednesday afternoon, after I landed, before contacting you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kashe,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I really appreciate your trying and I'm sorry it hasn't worked for you.

I'd still like to get this rectified so I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you again.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos