Menu
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Problems with texts and calls

For the last few days I've had a lot of problems with calls and texts, trying to make calls has been nigh on impossible and texts have refused to send or if they do send, bizarrely they are being received multiple times and sometimes received again even hours after they were sent. Incoming calls and texts from other networks have the same problem.

Myself and my daughter are both on Virgin mobile but on different handsets and we're both having the same issues, is there or has there been a network problem by any chance? We're in the IP1-IP4 area. My daughter is using an old SIM card and a handset which is a couple of years old now but my sim was replaced a few weeks ago due to another issue and I bought a new handset just 2 weeks ago so that can't be the cause.

Has anyone else got problems?

0 Kudos
bucephalus
Dialled in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with texts and calls

If it's happening on more than one device and most importantly, in one location, I.e., much better 3 miles out, then definitely an issue in the area.  It may need reporting to EE so it's worth calling virgin again to do further diagnostics etc, it could help your neighbours 

0 Kudos
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately there is more than 1 location, when the problems happen we can be at various places, i.e yesterday my hubby was about 20 miles away in a different town and my daughter was at home 10 miles in another direction yet texting and calling between us was a nightmare so we gave up trying! Seriously thinking of giving up and trying a new network, its pointless having phones that can't be used :-(
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Magz.

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your phones.

I want to get this sorted for you as soon as possible. Are you able to send your home postcode so I can check this out?

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat, I've tried speaking to the Virgin helpline but they say there are no network issues in my area.

We mainly use our phones during the week from various post codes, but most commonly in IP1 and IP4 which are areas I've not had problems in until recent months. From a few posts on here though it seems we are not alone, there clearly is a problem somewhere I believe.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Magz Smiley Happy

We want to find out exactly what's happened.

Can you please PM me your full postcode so I can run some checks?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mat, PM has been sent.

Earlier today my daughter needed to contact me from another area (with a CM postcode), first her text didn't send then when it finally did I received it 3 times, that seems to be a bit of a pattern both with sending and receiving texts and not just between phones on the Virgin network, my hubby is on O2 and he received multiple texts from me on an almost daily basis now, when they do decide to send.

Strangely I have an almost equal number of failed and sent messages over the same time period while sat at the same desk in the same office. It's very hit and miss. Same with calls, my phone often won't dial out (screen says network busy) but if I keep redialling it often connects after numerous attempts - the record is 9 times of hitting redial and during that time I purposefully hadn't moved an inch so I know I wasn't moving in and out of signal areas.

I called Virgin helpline earlier but they weren't very helpful, twice I got told I needed to speak to a different department and twice I was asked to hold while they put me through but both times instead of putting me through to anyone they just returned me to the main helpline switchboard so I had to go through the system again, needless to say I gave up after the second occasion!

I would dearly love to stay with Virgin, I've been a customer for years without any problems until recently and it is the best value network going but right now I'm looking at other alternatives as this problem has been going on for too long to just be a coincidence or a blip and it makes my phone unreliable and often useless which defeats the point of having it!

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

We are having same problem last few days in B14/B38 area, especially texts failing to send. This on several phones and accounts.

Wondering what's happening with mobiles lately, with O2 and Vodafone playing up here too recently. All networks are getting worse signal wise. :-(
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Magz,

I've just responded to your PM for this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bextech,

I'm really sorry that you're having issues currently Smiley Sad

I want to get this all sorted for you. Can you PM me your postcode so I can fix this for you?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos