Menu
Helen1967
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problems with porting over number

I rang 789 on 21st April to give my PAC code ftom Orange. Confidently was told that the number world me ported over in 24th around midnight.
It wasn't. But my orange sim lost service at lunchtime! Put my new VM dim card in and number not ported over.
Rang on 25th - told this was happening to all numbers that were meant to be ported over since 23rd. Not a good answer.
Rang in 28th as now some texts go from my ported number done from my VM number.
I am currently cloves in an important child protection case where the police and social care ring me out if witking hours in my personal phone. This is madness! Noone can get hold of me urgently.
Rang again today. Case had been escalated and some senior technical guys are dealing with it! How long does it take???? Tried blaming orange. They say it's all ported over their end.
So now I have to use two numbers from one phone. People keep texting me saying who is this? Or not answering phone as don't recognise the number. This is not good service. This is far from it. I would not recommend anyone to move to VM now.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with porting over number

I finally was told today after threats to cancel than 200-300 Orange ports went wrong.

I was told last week I was lucky and my port was fine unlike some and system stated so but now its said the system is wrong.

I did get my old number across but phones system menu see old number which effects some of my Apps/pressing 1 to dial Voicemail and some other things.

I install an App that reads all Sim info and the phone number shows as the number than Sim came with not my ex Orange number.

You can see a MSG at top of this section saying its all working now so I have been told 2-3 days and my issue should go away.

I am told that is also why I am having issue with enabling setting in my mobile account but if that is case why is the 2nd Sim which is a PAYG and not ported got same issue?

IMO the new system is a glitch/buggy mess and even some staff have admitted this.

I do not mind if they admit and fix it but getting told one thing then another then another got my really sick fed up today.

I have been with VM Mobile since 17th, ported number on 27th and had nothing but trouble and I cannot cancel right now as I will loose the number as its not ported fully and my Orange account will now be closed since VM started the port.

BTW the above issues aside you are supposed to have the new phone/VM Sim up and running before the port is done.

You ideally call VM on the new Phone/Sim as it will work out the box to call CS on 789.

0 Kudos

All Replies
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I finally was told today after threats to cancel than 200-300 Orange ports went wrong.

I was told last week I was lucky and my port was fine unlike some and system stated so but now its said the system is wrong.

I did get my old number across but phones system menu see old number which effects some of my Apps/pressing 1 to dial Voicemail and some other things.

I install an App that reads all Sim info and the phone number shows as the number than Sim came with not my ex Orange number.

You can see a MSG at top of this section saying its all working now so I have been told 2-3 days and my issue should go away.

I am told that is also why I am having issue with enabling setting in my mobile account but if that is case why is the 2nd Sim which is a PAYG and not ported got same issue?

IMO the new system is a glitch/buggy mess and even some staff have admitted this.

I do not mind if they admit and fix it but getting told one thing then another then another got my really sick fed up today.

I have been with VM Mobile since 17th, ported number on 27th and had nothing but trouble and I cannot cancel right now as I will loose the number as its not ported fully and my Orange account will now be closed since VM started the port.

BTW the above issues aside you are supposed to have the new phone/VM Sim up and running before the port is done.

You ideally call VM on the new Phone/Sim as it will work out the box to call CS on 789.

0 Kudos
Helen1967
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had set up the new VM sim but wanted to use my existing iPhone so was using orange sim until number ported over.
I was on call so needed continuity in people being in contact with me, which hasn't been possible.
Bloody shambles! And shambolic service.
Still can't get an answer when this will be sorted.
Will have to keep my messages and calls going and coming to two different numbers for now. Not good!
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Helen1967
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just gets worse!
Now cannot message anyone.
Nowhere to type ...
Hurry up VM. Get on with it!!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helen1967,

Apologies for your ongoing issues with your number port. Appreciate your frustration with the inconvenience this has caused.

Unfortunately due to the nature of your issue and security for your account we wouldn't be able to provide an update on this here.

If you call 789 one of my colleagues will be able to check the status on this for you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Helen1967
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have rung 789, nearly daily with no success on changing outcome. I have had mixed service from Customer Care from poor to appalling. I have been put on hold for longer than ever- one phone call was put through to three different departments and on hold for a total of 27 minutes despite asking directly for mobile porting department (as advised) before being cut off.
The difficulties remain / get worse even though VM say my old number has been successfully ported over. . I have two numbers my temporary virgin media one and my old Orange number that I so desperately need to keep. Simce 24th April, things change daily. M number displayed in the handset is the old VM one. I can only send texts from the VM number. Yesterday people could not consistently get through on voice calls to either number - it rings engaged then cuts off but not all the time! My children had to make repeated attempts to get hold of me. I ring out the temp VM number is displayed on receivers phone. Texts are received on either number.
This is NOT successful porting over of number as told by VM. I need my phone for personal matters and currently out of hours work. It is not great when people cannot contact you - THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF KEEPING YOUR NUMBER!!! Your Customer Helpline is sickening - I cannot speak again with your 'international office' and be told that the person is 'right here to help me' when no-one seems to know how!
I now understand my complaint has gone to senior technical department. I want answers and I want this sorted before the weekend or I'm leaving and will not rest until everyone I know knows how absolutely terrible Virgin are.
lineyj1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Im having the same problem since 24 april I only can ring out on my old number I totally agree with what you say about vm customer service.

0 Kudos