Menu
kmdhatburiton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems with online mobile account

Hi - Hope someone can help...!

I was registered with Virgin about six years ago but then moved to another supplier due to poor signal where I was.

Now coming back to Virgin but the system remembers my email from before but for some reason can't send a verification email to it (I don't have spam folder).

Tried using my work email which was fine.

Spoke to customer services (many times!) and was told each time that they had reset the system - give it 24hours and retry my original email. Still does not work and now I can't use my work email either as it sais it's sending a verification email to that but it doesn't arrive.

I also have a catch all on my home email domain so tried different prefixes - no email arrives at any of them.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with online mobile account

Hi kmdhatburiton,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with setting up your online account using your email address. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kmdhatburiton
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

The answer is yes... and no...

Even with ~6 hours on the phone to customer support, they could not get my original email to work (the verification email simply would not arrive)

The same situation was evident with my work email, after trying to switch back to my original email (the work email worked fine initially though)

I didn't want to use any other work email so I got them to erase my account again and re-registered with my google email which is fine, but the problem is still there in the system somewhere!

I thought initially that it was to do with my old email being in the system from years ago but since the same thing happened with my work email I think it's something else; seems if you switch your email to a new one, you cannot go back to the previous one(s) - the system claims to send a verification email but it doesn't arrive (it's not a problem with spam filter etc). Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards,

Keith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry that you've had so many issues trying to get your email registered.

I'm not aware of any issue on the system that won't allow a previous email address to be used. I'll check with our Mobile Team to see if this has been reported.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos