Menu
Elizabeth365
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems with arranging delivery

Has anyone else experienced problems with arranging delivery of a mobile under the new freestyle contract?

I have been with Virgin for in the teens of years and arranged a new contract for a Samsung S5 on a freestyle contract only to be told that delivery can only be made to my home address and no where else. What are customers suppose to do that work 6 days a week and there is no one else at the address to take delivery? And they are also unable to offer me the facility to drop up my new mobile in store. To me this is very poor customer service and looks like my contract and other family member contracts will be moving to another network purely because Virgin can't be flexible over delivery. It's never been a problem in the past. Perhaps it's about time Virgin took notice of the services provided by other mobile providers.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Dunk65
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with arranging delivery

Yes, my girlfriend has experienced exactly the same problem. Works 6 days a week and not available to take delivery at home. Previously it has never been a problem having new handsets being delivered to work. So much more convenient. With so many people being in the same boat, it wouldn't surprise me if it results in a lot of customers going elsewhere.
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you not re arrange with Yodel? tell them to deliver at your work address 

0 Kudos
Elizabeth365
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You would think that would be the easiest option and what I wanted but apparently Yodel have to deliver to your home address and no where else because the tariiff is a freestyle contract!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elizabeth365,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear the delivery arrangements aren't suitable for you.

As you are already aware due to the nature of the freestyle contract the delivery address needs to be at the home address. I totally appreciate this is a frustrating situation for you and can pose an inconvenience.

If you need to contact our mobile team around this please call 789 or alternatively 0345 6000 789.

If there's any thing else you need from us just let us know.

Many thanks.

Take care 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Elizabeth365
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's virgin's loss now. I made a special trip to my nearest store to attempt to pick a Samsung S5 handset up there only to be told there was no stock in store and they had no idea when the S5 would be in stock. Virgin need to brush up on their customer services. After being with Virgin for over 15 years I have taken both my contract and payg business elsewhere. I have a far far better contract with another supplier with 4G (which Virgin can't say when they will have) and guess what I walked out of the store with a handset. BYE BYE VIRGIN!!!!

0 Kudos