Menu
Myrrik
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Order

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I tried to order a new Mobile with Virgin yesterday. I'm a broadband customer - never had a Virgin Mobile before. I ordered the phone and confirmed it and even received an email saying they had the order, but "Technical issues" on their side might slow it down.

I have tried logging in to the Virgin Mobile site - but each time it just comes up with an error message that just says "Oops - Somethings gone wrong" and to try again in a few minutes. But this has been happening since last night.

I also noticed that my Bank account has a pending transaction from Virgin (for £0.00) which I assume is to check my account was a valid one.

So now I have no idea if my order has been accepted or not - and can not access my account to check anything. No one has been in touch and when I tried to call the number listed I was on hold for ages - I'm at work and can not spend all day waiting in call Center queues.

Does anyone know if I can contact them by Web chat or Email? Or if anyone else is having problems with the Account page?

Cheers!

dazstoke
Tuning in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Order

No problems with the my account section but I have been waiting for a week now for my new phone grrrr
evlnix
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem, only I have ordered mine on 17th.
0 Kudos
Myrrik
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that evlnix.

24 Hours later and Still no follow up to my Order and no ability to log in.

And no official reply here on the forums either....

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I was considering going for a new phone on contract, but if Virgin Mobile keep going downhill fast, I'll be looking for my PAC code and a new supplier!

0 Kudos
evlnix
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

yesterday night while trying to log in I was redirected to a page where it said that they're updating the site and all orders and newly created accounts will have to wait.
0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

evlnix wrote:
yesterday night while trying to log in I was redirected to a page where it said that they're updating the site and all orders and newly created accounts will have to wait.

So in other words, if you order a new phone from Virgin at present, your chances of getting it this side of Christmas are slim to none? Utterly Pathetic!

0 Kudos
Myrrik
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Its nice of them to communicate that information... oh wait... they didn't.

Hmm... So my Order is in limbo, I can not access the Site, no-one official is communicating about problems and there is no timescale when any of this might be resolved.

Yeah - I think Virgin Mobile have just lost a potential customer - Not that I think they care. Time to look at other Providers then...

0 Kudos
evlnix
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Precisely

0 Kudos
Myrrik
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So - Here I am 4 days later and still no response from Virgin Mobile on whats happening. (Not even a reply from one of the Forum Team)

According to the original email I received my Phone was due to be shipped to me yesterday - It did not and of course I have no idea if that is actually happening as no one has bothered to follow up on the initial email despite it telling me someone would "be in touch within 24 hours"

The Pending charge of "£0.00" is still showing on my bank Account and I have no idea if my Order is actually happening or not. Oh - And I still can not access the Mobile Account page as it keeps telling me the supremely helpful "Oops - Something went wrong" and telling me to try again in a moment - despite it being this way for 4 days now...

This is an incredibly bad first impression... Is this the standard for dealing with Virgin Mobile? I've been a Virgin Media customer for several years and have never had such problems with them before...

0 Kudos