Menu
aboyzie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problems upgrading with VM's new IT system.

I have been trying to upgrade my phone and account for three weeks.

But because of your new computer package, my order keeps being 'parked' by the system, and cannot be completed. 3 times I have had to wait several days for the IT department to cancel the order (because the so called 'experts' in sales / retentions departments don't have a clue how to use the new system) only for the system to 'park' the order again when the sales team try to re-do it.

An order is currently parked on my account, and the last person I spoke to in the Teeside Retentions call center couldn't even give a forecast of when this problem will be solved, (he said "it could be 30 days, or it could be 6 months, we don't know" - great help!).

Because my 'contract' has finished, I've been reverted to a 30 day rolling contract, with less minutes, texts & data, so its costing me more. I obviously want to keep the same number, so closing my account and starting again is not really an option, I was told it can't be done anyway because of the parked order.

I decided that I wanted t leave Virgin and asked him for a PUK code so I could transfer my number to a new service provider, to which he said it was probably my best option, but couldn't give me the code again because of this bloody parked order, so I would have to change my number anyway if I went elsewhere, and also probably end up paying more for the privilege!

He was very disinterested and it seemed like he couldn't really give a damn - I challenged him on this and he blamed it on the fact that he had been dealing with these problems with several customers a day for the last three weeks and was 'getting fed up with it' - he's fed up with it? It's your job pal - deal with it! Sorry if sorting out customers issues are becoming a bit much for you!

I've been a VM customer for over 10 years (I also have TV, Broadband, Landline and my wife's mobile packages so spend over £1500 pounds with you every year!) and would expect to be treated a little better than this. I asked to speak with his manager, was told he was on another call, but would call me back within the hour, but it was pointless because he wouldn't be able to give me any other information than I already had. I asked him to call me anyway.

Well, that was 3 days ago, and I'm still waiting for the call! Now I can't even get a response from the complaints department! This is clearly NOT GOOD ENOUGH Virgin Media, not by a long way - what is going on with the IT system? When will it be sorted?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems upgrading with VM's new IT system.

Hi Aboyzie,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you've had issues with upgrading your phone. So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
aboyzie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have literally just got off the phone with a helpful young lady named Ashley at the Teeside Retentions Call Centre.

Initially when she put on hold straight after confirming my account details, and explaining the issue - I thought 'Oh here we go again'!

However, within 2 minutes she got back to me, confirmed my delivery address and told me I would receive 3 e-mails in the next few minutes, and my new phone will be delivered tomorrow!

I was expecting to be disappointed again, and had to get her to repeat herself, and confirm that order had indeed gone through with no further problems!

So, the e-mails have arrived, my e-signature has been sent, and my phone is due to be with tomorrow - Result!

Hopefully that is my issue resolved, but once again - thanks for your reply.

Best regards

Adie 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's excellent Adie!

A big well done to Ashley for helping put all your fears to rest Smiley Happy

Please keep me updated with the delivery progress of the phone.

I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Adie,

How's this looking for you now?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Brian4
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I thought it was just me this was happening to this has been going on for weeks I am still no further forward
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian4,

I'm really sorry that you're still having this problem.

So we can get this all sorted for you, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789.

The team on the phone will be able to get this processed for you in no time.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos