Menu
Andylloyd
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems ringing an ID mobile number

Hello.

I have access to 5 virgin sim cards which is 1 pay as you go and the others monthly contracts.  My daughter is with id mobile which I think is a part of 'Three'?  When I try to ring her from any of my Virgin Mobile sims I get a continuous beep for about 5 seconds and the connection ends.  I can text her and she can text me and she can also ring me.  I have changed my phone and my sim and she has changed her sim but the problems still exist.  She has been to carphone warehouse and I have been to my local Virgin store but no-one can solve this problem.

The only thing that may be significant is that my daughter has kept her original phone number which has now been 'ported' between three different networks.  I can ring other id mobile users without any problems.

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems ringing an ID mobile number

Hi Andylloyd,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

That's an odd one! I want to get this calling issue fixed for you. Are you able to both remove each other as contacts and try and dial manually? This is to rule out any barring on either phone.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Andylloyd
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, we have already tried this and my daughter has blocked and unblocked me without success. I can ring her from my Vodafone works mobile but none of the family who are with virgin can ring her. I am able to get through to her partner who has the same network and contract as her. It certainly is an odd problem.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a problem with the port of the number

0 Kudos
MissCat
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Im having the same problem now - just wondering if anyone got to the bottom of how to fix this?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

12 months on and the problem resurfaces. Probably another batch of numbers Virgin have not programmed into their system.

Not much you can do except bringing it to the attention of Virgin. 

0 Kudos