Menu
abmad
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Problems purchasing a sim only deal

I have been trying to purchase a sim only deal since the beginning of this week but for some reason the online attempt kept failing (I think it was because my address was not on Virgin mobile's system - which is obviously not my fault!). Yesterday I received a call from someone in the sales team to complete the purchase - great, I thought - but no, completely disastrous. Not only could no-one explain exactly why I had been unable to purchase a sim only deal online (there are no credit check issues either), but I was repeatedly asked for my password and other security information, my address, etc, by 3 separate people in differing locations (sales, mobile care, back to sales - I think) but it wasn't explained why this was necessary (why one person couldn't just deal with it) or whether this was the right thing to be doing. After 45 minutes of this I hung up as I was so frustrated with what was happening and I couldn't believe that it took this long to order a sim card!!! Then I started worrying that my personal details were unsafe as I was being asked for this information over and over again. Now, I can't purchase a sim online because it says I don't have the correct password for my account (and I don't have a mobile number - because I haven't been sent a sim) and I don't want to spend another ridiculous length of time on the phone only to be unsuccessful, worried and frustrated AGAIN! HELP!!!
0 Kudos
Aimee_Saskia
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems purchasing a sim only deal

Hi abmad,

I have recently experienced something similar myself whilst purchasing a mobile phone.

Whilst placing my order, a part of the process was to create an account online. This will hold any personal information about yourself. In order to pass security, Virgin Mobile will ask you for your 'password'. If you're unable to quote the password, they will then ask you some security questions. These can range from the first line of your address and postcode, to your date of birth.

I would recommend giving the Mobile Sales team a quick call again on 0345 6000 789 where a member of the team will be more than happy to assist you.

Hope this helps!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I work for Virgin Media but any opinions expressed by myself are my own.
Want to say thank you? Click 'Kudos'.
Did I answer your question? 'Mark as Helpful Answer'.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
abmad
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems purchasing a sim only deal

Hi Aimee_Saskia,

Thanks for your reply. I have since found out why I can't buy a sim only contract. This is because the address database for virgin media mobile is very out of date (at least 5 years) and is (for some unknown and completely unfathomable reason) completely separate to the address database for virgin media broadband, phone and tv (all of which we have and which are registered at our current address). Instead of merely being able to add my address and move forward with this straight away, I am still awaiting a call back as I was told that this would take several days :-( Doesn't look great as a customer I have to say.

abmad

0 Kudos