Menu
Tonic2530
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Problems Transferring Number

Is anyone else having or has had a problem with transferring their number to Virgin?   It's been a week now and my number still hasn't been transferred, this is despite me getting a message 7 days ago saying it was complete!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems Transferring Number

L-C despite Virgin saying its EE, you deal is with Virgin. Ofcom mandate that your supplier and not the supplying network are responsible for resolving this. Raise a formal complaint, check the. Ofcom site and when Virgin answer without a resolution, escalate it to Ofcom, if everyone did this Ofcom would be on Virgins back it a solid long term resolution was in place. They gamble on their staff not understanding their responsibilities and irate customers just giving up.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tonic2530,

unfortunately there have been numerous problems with number porting lately  Smiley Sad

(Type "porting" into the search bar of this forum).

The only thing I can suggest is call customer services on 789 (0345 6000 789 from any other phone) and ask them to look into this for you.

Hope that it gets sorted soon, let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Tonic2530
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've phoned them quite a few times and every time they tell me it's already been transferred and tell me to switch my phone on and off!  It ends up taking 20 minutes plus every time only to be told they are working on it and can't give me a time frame.  It's just really frustrating.  I'll have a look at the other porting issues on here, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tonic2530,

sorry I can't offer any more useful advice.

I just hope that it gets sorted soon for you Smiley Happy

Good luck.

AlexKid :-)

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Me too! My number should have been ported on 25th July, but I'm still waiting and currently uncontactable. VM have told me the problem is with EE (who's network VM use). However, this morning I rang EE and they said they don't have a problem. The VM porting team are currently doing nothing, just waiting for EE to investigate. Getting nowhere here.

0 Kudos
Tonic2530
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mine finally transferred yesterday!  Didn't receive a message saying it was done neither did I receive the promised phone call from a technician within the promised 48 hours. I've had to phone virgin repeatedly to try and get updates and I've had no response from them whatsoever. Rant over and at least my number is now working. Keep trying your old number because if you're waiting for virgin media to get in touch you'll be waiting forever! Hope it gets sorted soon 

0 Kudos
L_C
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know and glad you're problem is now sorted. I keep checking mine, and rebooting all the time. It's driving me crazy. Over 2 weeks and still waiting. I've called, emailed and tweeted. No joy. EE is being blamed, but when I called them they seemed unaware of an issue. Abysmal service!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

L-C despite Virgin saying its EE, you deal is with Virgin. Ofcom mandate that your supplier and not the supplying network are responsible for resolving this. Raise a formal complaint, check the. Ofcom site and when Virgin answer without a resolution, escalate it to Ofcom, if everyone did this Ofcom would be on Virgins back it a solid long term resolution was in place. They gamble on their staff not understanding their responsibilities and irate customers just giving up.

0 Kudos
L_C
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I agree, however my priority is to get my number working asap and then raise a complaint when I know the full scale. Forum help have provided me with the EE query ref and with that EE has now given me timescales for a resolution (end of tomorrow). Looks like CS didn't escalate with EE until 6/8 yet I was calling them since 25/7 and being told it was in hand. As a non-customer of EE I found their   CS much better than Virgin's, with the exception of the one and only time I got through to the Sheffield call centre on 6/8. No coincidence that the escalation actually happened on that day. The o/s call centre is not fit for purpose, apart from basic user queries, they seem incapable of dealing with a genuine technical problem. Fingers crossed EE live up to their promised timescale.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The issue here is that Virgin are responsible, despite then pushing you to EE. Ofcom on their website say they your provider is responsible for this. They should be acting in a timely and appropriate manner and clearly they are not doing. It seems to be their practice to fob of customers rather that use the proper channels that are setup between EE and Virgin. It a full contracted service not an adhoc  system that it seems to be from the customer angle. So for the rant, I read some many of these posts where Virgin are letting down there customers and seemingly don't give two hoots. You may notice that some of the staff also seem to avoid answering posts where they understand it's difficult for them to resolve (or is that just my jaundiced view?)

0 Kudos