Menu
BenTa
Joining in
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Problem with number port

Problem with number port

Hi everyone. I am new comer to Virgin Mobile and just wonder if you could help with my problem.

About two weeks ago, I called Virgin on 789 and asked to transfer my mobile number from Giffgaff (O2 partner) to Virgin giving them the PAC and both my Giffgaff and Virgin numbers and been told the transfer should be after 48 hours.

No transfer happened after the 48 hours, so I called Virgin (on 789) again and been told the transfer should be on the end of that day (the third day since my request).

I waited another 2 days (now 5 days since I requested the transfer) and still no transfer, so I called Virgin (on 789) again but this time been passed to a member of “the team” who couldn't find why the transfer failed and promised to call me back on that same day with a result; well, he didn't call up to day.

Another two days and I emailed a complaint (through Virgin website) but did not receive any response from them (apart of the acknowledgment one) after four days now.

O, and by the way, I have checked with Giffgaff and found that my number has been ported out on the same day that supposed be ported in by Virgin.

Now it’s almost two weeks since my port in request and no one from Virgin bother to tell me why they failed the transfer and what they are going to do about.

I just wonder if any one of this community had this experience before, I mean is this a normal by Virgin, and what else can I do to get my number ported in as this is a part of family numbers (in sequence) and I spent a considerable amount to get it and can’t imagine I will lose it, just like this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
BenTa
Joining in
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problem with number port

Hello everyone

Just a short notice to let you know that, albeit after two weeks, the number has been successfully ported in my Virgin Mobile yesterday.

Regards

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Krystal_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenTa,

It certainly sounds like a confusing affair. Please can you respond to my private message.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

BenTa
Joining in
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello everyone

Just a short notice to let you know that, albeit after two weeks, the number has been successfully ported in my Virgin Mobile yesterday.

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Good news Smiley Happy

Krystal Evans

0 Kudos
lee_jk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krstal,

I am having the same problem - number has moved from Vodafone (people can no longer call me or text me) but has not transfered to Virgin Mobile. I have spent hours on the phone to customer services, been promised call backs and emails none of which have happened.

I'm now paying for a service where my friends and family cannot contact me - not happy!

Can you help please ??!!

Thanks

Lee
0 Kudos
josefjkalicun
Joining in
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I too am having this problem. VM say the number has ported, but currently I can dial out, but at least it take at least 10 seconds before I hear ring tone. People ringing me get an engaged tone, and no voicemail redirection. If I try to my voice mail box, it drops the connection after dialling. Obviously a router problem.

I notified VN of my PAC code from O2 on 1st Oct.

Today I was told that 300 other people have contacted Support with the same problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

I'm sorry you are correct josefjkalicun - 300 port ins from yesterday are currently being looked at by our network. It is a priority to get these working for our customers as we appreciate the inconvenienced faced.

Many thanks for your patience.

Krystal Evans

0 Kudos
Rich9
Joining in
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I also have this problem.

I'm new to Virgin and called on Wednesday to port my number which was due to be completed Thursday.. Everyday since I have been told it would be completed that day and nothing has changed. Today (Sun 13th) I have been told that due to a system upgrade Virgin are not even able to look at my account.

My phone is useless at the moment not being able to send/ receive text messages or receive calls and I am still being charged by virgin.

When do virgin expect to be able to fix the 300+ requests?
Will the charge for this month be refunded as Virgin are unable to port numbers within promised 24 hours.
Are virgin able to provide a PAC code when my phone no. Is in limbo for leaving VM?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rich9,

Happy to clear this up for you Smiley Happy

The issue that you're mentioning with the 300+ ports was October last year. Sorry for any confusion caused.

If you're using a PAC code to port to Virgin from another network, it may be an issue with your previous network in porting the number over.

It is correct that our system underwent an upgrade over the weekend. You can give our team a call so we can check this out on 789 from another Virgin Mobile or 0845 6000 789 from any other phone today as everything is back up and running.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Sparkletts
Settling in
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I joined vim on Sunday 29th dec 2014 and was told my porting would take place on Tuesday 30th dec but still this have not happened. 

Can some advice from the virgin team is this will happen after the holiday break.

thanks

0 Kudos