Menu
kamelkson
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problem with credit check and address

Hello,

I bought new mobile phone from Virgin last week in Pay As You Go offer however I decided to buy new SIM on 30 day rolling contract. I tried to do it online and it goes fine until they ask for credit check and address. It's asking me to choose alternative address from the list, because "CREDIT CHECK COMPANY CAN'T RECOGNISE YOUR ADDRESS". When I try to choose my address from list, it doesn't work, so I choose option "MY ADDRESS IS NOT LISTED".It goes through but then Virgin Media PARK my ORDER, I don't recieve any e-mails about the situation. I phoned them today and they tried to place my order again over the phone, didn't worked (problem with credit check). They asked me to try again in a month time. There's no way I coudn't go  through credit check because of financial reasons. Finally my friend who I share flat with tried to buy it on her name and details. Exactly the same situation with address and no e-mails from Virgin if it was succesfull or not. I give up. I'm getting very frustrated now. If I knew there was so many problems with Virgin I would just buy phone in different network. I've got new phone with simlock on Virgin and I can't choose tariff I'm interested in. Virgin Media is not helpful at all. Can anyone help please? I don't know what else I can do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with credit check and address

Hi Kamelkson,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've not been able to progress with your sim only offer. If the credit check hasn't recognised your address, you would need to contact Experian. They are the company that deal with tcredit checks who can make sure that the address is logged correctly.

You can contact them on 0344 481 0800 for this.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kamelkson,

How are you getting on with contacting Experian?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
kamelkson
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Matt_H

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your help. I haven't contacted Experian. Honestly I'm just tired of fighting with it. However, I'm still interested in buying that SIM card. 

Is there any chance that you could try to solve it and tell me what the problem is? I don't understand why Virgin can't find out what's wrong and explain to the customer why they can't sell me this product. I have had Virgin Broadband for few months and there wasn't any problem when I wanted to sign contract. I don't remember but didn't you require credit check for signing long term contract? In case of mobile it's only 30 day rolling contract for 8 pounds a month.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kamelkson,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've been unable to get this sorted.

I've looked into what I can do on our side and I've found that if you get the error message that suggests we can't locate your address, you can contact equifax who can make sure that the address is inserted so that our billing system will recognise it.

They can be contacted on 0845 603 3000. Sorry I couldn't do more to help.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
kamelkson
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat_H

Thanks for suggestions.

I started laughing today. I finally phoned O2 asking for PAC code to transfer my number to that Virgin PAY as You Go Sim which I've got at the moment. I received that code this morning and I phoned Virgin in the afternoon to give it to them. Something is incorrect, couldn't go through. I'll never, ever buy anything online. If you go to a place where they sell you mobile they'll do everything for you (including transferring phone number). If you buy online, you have to do it on your own. I can't believe I am so unlucky in this whole situation. 

Anyway.... I contacted Equifax. I'm waiting for response. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kamelkson,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're still having issues with the address and ordering the phone.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kamelkson,

Have you had any updates regarding the credit?

Let me know if there's anything you need from me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos