Menu
_cynamona_
Just joined
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Problem with activation of my SIM card - has not been activated for 20 hours...

I joined Virgin Mobile 12 days ago. Since then my previous mobile number has not been properly transferred and I cannot use it... The sim card I was originally sent by Virgin kept coming back to the original number, not accepting the number I was transferring.

Virgin sent me new sim card in order to have the number I want to keep on it already, but the sim card has not been activated for 20 hours already. I started it's activation yesterday and it was meant to take 10minutes, but it is still not working and I cannot use my phone at all...

Please, any help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with activation of my SIM card - has not been activated for 20 hours...

Hi _cynamona_

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with your number transfer.

I can see it's a few days since your post, I just wanted to check if you've got some help with this now or if I'm still able to offer some assistance?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Devon44
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with activation of my SIM card - has not been activated for 20 hours...

I requested a new micro SIM card last Thursday, had it sent by Yodel and it arrived Friday. My account says it was activated at dispatch. Would not work. Phoned Virgin twice now and am told that there is nothing they can do as it is pending. Apparantly Virgin is changing and upgrading systems and this is why there is a delay. This is very frustrating, nice new phone that can't be used. Give it another 24 hours but far from confident! Thinking of changing carrier for both our phones now.. 

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ah, 'upgrading systems' that's interesting! I have been waiting for over a week for my old number to be transferred to my new phone and just keep getting fobbed off. On Friday I was told the matter was being dealt with by their tech team and should get sorted out 'sometime' this week. I am totally fed up and feel I made a big mistake moving to VM. This system issue better get sorted soon. Wishing everyone affected lots of luck for a quick resolution.

0 Kudos
Devon44
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to VM yesterday for the third time, went through the whole saga again with another customer service member. She told me that there was a technical problem, so she has raised a ticket for it to be investigated. Could not give me a definite date when the problem would be fixed. She suggested that I wait until Wednesday 3rd. I always find customer service polite and friendly, but I am not sure that they are really up to the job of sorting out anything but the most simple issues. Totally frustrating, brand new i phone bought for my wife which she can't use on 3G. 

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yep, your experience sounds exactly like mine. I was phoning CS daily last week, going through the whole thing again each time and sometimes on the phone for an hour. This was on my landline too, so will no doubt have racked up a large bill. I have also been told I should get an update by Wednesday. As you say CS are friendly, but seem totally ineffective as the real problem is out of their hands. Fingers crossed but, from my experience so far, I'm not very optimistic.

0 Kudos
Devon44
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to mention, that on manage my account I have a large notice 'hold fire, we are changing your settings. Try again in a few minutes'
This has been there for days, would you not think that someone In VMCS would be able to follow this through, and sort it in seconds? But no, I am expected to wait to their convenience! How long that will be is anyone's guess. As, you can probably tell, I am now approaching boiling point! Absolutely appalling customer service.I am paying VM nearly £100pm for all my services and have been a good customer for years. Looking into how easy it would be to switch all my services to another provider.
0 Kudos
L_C
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, my account isn't working either. It stopped last Monday when the porting of my number started. I'm assuming the account is somehow linked to the phone number, so I've not even bothered to get them looking into that. I just want my phone number up and running first! My hope is that once all this is sorted out there won't be any further problems, but at the moment I feel in limbo and totally frustrated with it all. I can fully understand you considering moving provider. 

0 Kudos
Devon44
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just all come good at noon. All now working fine. Just had to reboot the phone. What a relief! Could have done without the hassle though! Hope yours is now OK.
L_C
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Glad your's is working now. Mine still isn't but I'm hoping, that as your's has suddenly started, it means they are finally doing something. I'll keep checking mine. Thanks for posting.

0 Kudos