Menu
jmc1001
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem with WhatsApp on Blackberry

My wife has a problem with WhatsApp, to keep WhatsApp working she has to keep rebooting the phone. I also use WhatsApp without any problem. We have tried swapping phones, changing her tariff to the same as mine and even a replacement SIM card but she still has the problem.

We have been assured by Virgin that she has the full Blackberry package and that it is now the same as mine, which is sim only at £5 per month. (Mobile Sim Only Blackberry – VM5).

My phone is blackberry curve 9300 and my wife’s is blackberry curve 8520 but as mentioned we have tried swapping phones but the problem remained with her number.

I have noticed that her phone generally shows lower case not upper case for the connection e.g. gprs.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with WhatsApp on Blackberry

Hi Jmc1001,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that your wife is having some problems with whatsapp on the phone. So we can get this sorted, are you able to confirm if Whatsapp is the only app that your wife has difficulty with?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jmc1001
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mat,

WhatsApp is the only app that my wife has difficulty with.  However the phone is not used for much else other than voice, text and occasional internet search with and without wifi.  (When my sim was in the phone WhatsApp worked fine.)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jmc1001,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

So we can get to the bottom of this, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and our team can make sure that the provisioning is correct on this.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
BBerry8520
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. I am also on a BBerry 8520 and a £5/ month 250 minutes + 250 MB plan. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago when Whatsapp stopped working when off wifi (on data). Every time I leave a wifi area whatsapp stops working. Rebooting the phone occasionally solves this for a couple of minutes and then back to not sending/ receiving msgs. Some of the data still seems to be working though as I can browse the internet when this is happening. I have tried all the recommended steps unsuccessfully, contacted whatsapp who said the problem must be on Virgin's end.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BBerry8520,

I'm really sorry that you had some issues with Whatsapp on your phone. Can you let me know if you're still having these issues so I can look into it further?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos