Menu
anfieldjanny
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem with Mobile Upgrade - DISGUSTED!!!

After being a customer for MANY years - abt 8 with Mobile and over 20 years with media (was Telewest when I became a customer) I find the way I have been treated absolutely disgusting, Virgin do not deserve any new customers, I sincerely hope people who are thinking of joining Virgin Mobile to think twice before signing up. i have had several run ins with customer services over the past few years, with broken phones, (after a week)  but what they said tonight - tops them all.

i am due an upgrade my contract expires 7 Jan 2016. I tried to upgrade on the website,  the HTC One M9 is advertised at £23 on the website. I was told by the customer services chat that this is £18 for the phone and £5 for the minimum tariff, they told me to phone 789 to complete the upgrade. So I phoned,  They informed me that the minimum for this phone was £28. I told them it is advertised as £23 They then said that they would do a manual upgrade, which meant a credit check, I agreed. Within a few seconds your CS told me I cant have an upgrade or a new contract because "My credit has been declined" According to them my credit score/rating is poor.  I was dumbfounded! I actually joined Experian Credit to take a look - My credit rating is 999 out of a possible 999. I.E My Credit Rating is excellent!    I worried for nothing at all, I knew that it would be excellent because I have NEVER owed anyone a penny in my life. I have 2 mobiles with you totalling £45 per month and Spend approx £90 a month on media - No More though, Ill take my money elsewhere. Contract Terminated. Immediately.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with Mobile Upgrade - DISGUSTED!!!

Hi anfieldjanny

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you've experienced lately, there is a process in place for customers in your position, who may have been wrongly rejected.

Although this is something normally carried out over the phone, I'd like to help in any way I can so I've sent you some information regarding the next steps to take in a private message. 

You can view that message by clicking the purple envelope on the top left of this page, we'll talk soon

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
anfieldjanny
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have replied to you, via personal mail.  We were told it was sorted (AGAIN) but when I called to get a £5 sim to tide me over for the time being. Ive been declined again. Another smack in the gob.  You dont want my custom - that's OK, We will take out 2 mobiles and Media contract  elsewhere. Too little, much much too late.

anfieldjanny
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So.....................Im waiting for the chief executives office to get back to me. Hopefully they will in a few days.

Meanwhile - I got the following email this morning -   EXACTLY the same thing that happened 3 years ago - this is PRECISELY the system error which created the black mark on my credit file 3 years ago, bills being generated by you inept system that dont exist - I NEVER owed Virgin a penny then and I don't at present either - My contract is up - I paid off the remaining month so that I could leave after being treated like a thief, you promptly cut my phone off - despite me paying the £22 a month  IN ADVANCE.  As I was transferring to another company - it is not the most important point of my complaint.  This number is now with Vodafone - but it  does illustrates my point EXACTLY.   Your system creates a black mark against people's credit file when they owe NOTHING. My direct debit was cancelled because the contract is FINISHED.   So offended by the way Im still being mistreated by Virgin - truly despicable. 

virgin-email2.jpg

Jes1
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're easily disgusted if all it takes is a system error to get you this wound up. 

There's another thread about it here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Turned-down-after-credit-check-don-t-know-why/m-p...

Virgin use their own credit check, I'm sure the CE office will get it sorted for you.

0 Kudos
anfieldjanny
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Jes1  - Im easily disgusted ? Really ?

Just to point out.  Ive been a "loyal" customer for over 20 years. At one point I had 4 mobiles (mum dad 2 kids) with them and still have a £90 media package with them (for now).

The reason why I was turned down was that in 2012 one of the 4 mobiles in question was cancelled, - when the contract was up, with notice - as per agreed terms. Virgin took money for that mobile one month AFTER the contract ended.  I called, they refunded me and apologised. I cancelled the direct debit in question - just as they told me to. A month later I received another bill. I phoned again, they apologised, told me to ignore the bills, it was a system error, they were changing systems and it wouldnt happen again. After 3 more months of weekly emails enquiring why id cancelled my DD, I received a letter demanding 4 months worth of bills that were unpaid.  I called them AGAIN. This time my complaint was escalated to the CEO's office. I received an apology and a LARGE credit off one of the other mobiles.  

In June 2014 I applied for an upgrade on another one of my mobiles. They declined me -  WHY? because their credit file STILL had me as owing 4 months money from 2012!   This time an senior manager apologised, I was given an even bigger credit and a discount on my media package, just to stay with them. I was in two minds whether to just pack up and take my business of £200 a month elsewhere, but I gave them the benefit of doubt  - errors occur - I do realise that - so I stayed with them.

So a month ago my mobile is 23 months into the contract, Im due an upgrade its flagged up on my online account to give them a call. So I did, then was declined.  I paid to download BOTH my Equifax and Experian credit files to find out why. My Experian one gives me a credit score of 999 out of a possible 999. A+ Excellent. My Equifax one ?  Also excellent - the ONLY credit fail on it was 4 months of  declined Direct debits for the mobile account in 2012 with Virgin. Their error NOT MINE. 

So I contacted their underwriting team - who (eventually) get back to me to say that they have removed the black mark "as a good will gesture".  And I "can have a new mobile - just call us on 789". I replied to them "as a good will gesture" implies I owed them money and didnt pay it but they are letting me off the hook. I wrote to the CEO's office about the matter, I didnt pay because i didnt owe  SIMPLE- they are investigating.  I then called them to buy a £5 sim to tide me over until the matter was solved but guess what ?  I was declined because of my credit file.  

So in your eyes I'm easily disgusted ? then your expectations of good service must be extremely low - and we are all entitled to our opinion.  I want what I pay for - nothing more.

Anfieldjanny