Menu
kewl1
Joining in
Message 1 of 1
Flag for a moderator

Problem receiving SMS texts from USA

I joined a US based stock alert service that sends text messages for buying and selling.  Each text was always from a different phone number and it worked perfectly for a week.  After only one week I stopped receiving my texts.  Same thing happened to a friend whose provider is Koodo which is owned by Telus.  But friends with Bell and Rogers have no problem at all.  The crazy thing is that Bell OWNS Virgin here in Canada and I assume uses the same network.  So the problem is obviously with Virgin Mobile.  Switching from Bell to Virgin almost cut my bill in half plus gave me more data.  I called Virgin and they said they are not blocking anything.  The US sender said to tell Virgin that you wish to get all SMS messages from short code 70000.”   They also said for me to text HELP to 7000.  The Virgin guy didn't seem to know what I was talking about and also could not find a place to input that information.  My iPhone is unable to send a text to 7000.  It just says "not delivered".  I do not want to leave Virgin but this has already cost me close to $2000 from missing texts in 2 days.  I am at my witts end.  No one in the US has the problem either.

0 Kudos