Menu
JohnDAH
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Problem getting a working nano sim

This is not a question just a moan.

Up to now I have always found VM services to be pretty good and helpline staff to be very helpful.

However on Thursday 22nd Sept I ordered a nano sim for a new phone. This was posted off and arrived earlier today 24th Sept. I fitted the sim and set up the new phone, then followed the instructions to activate the sim. Left the phone a while turned it off and back on. Having waited about 6 hours with no sign of activation occurring I rang the help desk again.

After some confusing conversation on a not very good telephone line It seems that the first sim for some unexplained reason cannot be activated - and another sim is to be sent to me. I am less than pleased at having a new phone that I cannot use - it is likely to be the 27th before the sim arrives.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem getting a working nano sim

That's is unusual to say the least
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnDAH,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you've experienced problems getting your SIM card working. Have you received the replacement SIM yet?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JohnDAH
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi JohnDAH,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you've experienced problems getting your SIM card working. Have you received the replacement SIM yet?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Just about to ring the helpline to check - it was supposed to arrive yesterday - the postman has been here and no sim card. I am surprised because my experience of contacting Virgin Media for help etc in the past has always been good. The first sim card arrived the day after it was posted.

Regards

JohnDAH

0 Kudos
JohnDAH
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Update following my phone call when I spoke to a very helpful young woman called Liz. It seems there has been a glitch in the computer relating to the order of the sim card for me. It seems the order has not been completed so the system does not know that I have the sim and therefore cannot activate it. 

A contact has been with the IT section to find out why the order has not been completed, to then complete the order and activate the sim. Liz says that she will ring me with an update tomorrow - the problem is not one that anyone has experienced before so unsure how long this might take.

Despite the possible delay, Liz has restored my positive view of the Virgin Media help systems.

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for updating me with the progress of this issue. I'm glad to hear that Liz has taken ownership of this for you and has escalated this to our IT department to resolve.

Please let me know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JohnDAH
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I eventually found that the sim had been fully activated yesterday, 8th October - the sim had been activated at 4pm on 5th October but would only allow me to make calls and texts and I was not able to receive them until yesterday.

Spoke to various people on the help desk on 30th Sept and 5th and 6th October all giving variations on the problem being technical issues taking time to resolve. Unfortunately, I had no calls to let me know what was happening/how the resolving of the problem was progressing despite the promise made by Liz.

To have had an occasional call to just keep me up to date would have been very helpful and I would be feeling better about virgin media than I now do. It does seem to be excessive to take 2 weeks to get a sim activated.

Not sure what I shall be doing right now. added to this I have also just had notification that my tv, phone and broadband package is going up by nearly £3.50 a month.

Best wishes

John

0 Kudos
JohnDAH
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Having read through the above information and having thought a bit more about the conversation I had with with Liz, I do not think that she promised that anyone would contact me because she could not guarantee this but said that she would try to get this to happen - I remember her saying that she was only going to be available for the next day.

This does not change my view that a call or several calls or emails would have been helpful to keep me up to date and prevented me feeling so frustrated.

Best wishes

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnDAH

Thank you for the updates - I'm really sorry once again to hear about the trouble you've had with this.

It's good to hear you've now been able to get things sorted out though.

Has this all now been resolved for you? 

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JohnDAH
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have now have no problems using data and making or receiving calls or texts.

Thanks 

John

0 Kudos