Menu
Elsie4
Settling in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Premium texts - where do I begin

Hi, I'm being charged £3.00 per week for premium texts and also 40p for sending picture messages to USA. I have no idea why this charge is being made and its nearly doubled my bill. any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Premium texts - where do I begin

Hi Elsie4

Sorry to hear that your been charged for premium texts.

You can stop them by replying to the message " STOP ALL " ( without the " " ) ,  normally there is a short code of around 5 numbers

If you dont have the texts on your phone then you can find the information online on your account. It may also start with 700 number on your unbilled usage / bill

if you post the number on here then we can tell you how to stop them

hope this helps

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Elsie4

Sorry to hear that your been charged for premium texts.

You can stop them by replying to the message " STOP ALL " ( without the " " ) ,  normally there is a short code of around 5 numbers

If you dont have the texts on your phone then you can find the information online on your account. It may also start with 700 number on your unbilled usage / bill

if you post the number on here then we can tell you how to stop them

hope this helps

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
Elsie4
Settling in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, the number I am troubled by is 700038335. I have perused the forums briefly and texted STOP as suggested. The reply message said the "service" from the short code requested will be stopped within one working day. As the deductions are being taken on a Saturday night presumably I will be charged again.

Any advice on the "picture message to USA" please

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thats perfect! glad to know that the service would be stoped within 1 working day! You may be charged to stop the service but fingers crossed you dont get anymore

The services can be instigated by either a competition or promotion. Any problems with them again and we will try and get more information to stop them .

It may not be a picture that was sent to America. Sometimes long messages can be automatically be converted to a MMS after a certain length. I believe its 480 characters. If you have not sent a long message then sometimes smiley faces ( Emojis) can convert a normal text to a MMS / picture message.  Have you got any contacts in America?

0 Kudos
Elsie4
Settling in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your help its beginning to make sense. In reply to your question, have no contacts in USA.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It seems very strange that you have no contacts in the USA. I would suggest you call the team on 789 from your Virgin mobile so we can take a further look into this for you. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it for you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elsie4,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had a few problems. I want to help as much as I can.

The picture message to the USA message is something that we're aware of on our side. This occurs when you would send an MMS message to an email address and is billed as a message to the USA.

Do you know if you've sent any MMS messages to an email address recently?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elsie4,

I hope you're well Smiley Happy

Do you have any more info for me regarding this? Please let me know if you need anything at all from me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dheadey
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've had an iphone for less than a week and been charged for FIVE picture messages to the USA in two days. No, I haven't sent any picture messages and no, I don't have any contacts in the USA.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi dheadey,

Thanks for taking the time to add your concerns to this. So sorry to hear you've been charged 5 times for picture messages.

As Lee_B pointed out above, it doesn't have to be a picture as such as if the text message is large it will be converted automatically or if you've included Emojis that can cause it too.

I see Mat_H suggests it could be linked to sending them via an email address. Can you confirm if you've sent a picture, large text or emoji's to any email address recently?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos