Menu
claretblue
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Premium texts from 700038479

Hi,

I have noticed that for last two months I have been charged £3.00 for texts received from this number but no texts have come through to my phone. Is there a way to block these texts so I do not get charged as I have no idea what they are for or where they are coming from?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Premium texts from 700038479

Hi claretblue,

this number is not listed on PhonepayPlus's Number Checker.

However entering it into EE's Third Party Services Checker shows this information:

• Short code number:60406
  • Service description:Alerts Service
  • Contact details:08081683653 or customercare@aristiinternational.com

This service is provided by Artisi International Holdings and managed by IMIMobile.

Usually Virgin are unable or unwilling to do anything about these premium rate texts but in this recent thread:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/How-to-stop-charging-SMS-texts/td-p/3117592

They were a great help so I would advise giving customer services a call on 789.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

You should reply STOP or STOP ALL, in order to block future messages from that company.

This should work, but if the messages keep coming, use premium-rate regulator PhonepayPlus's Number Checker.

Simply enter the number and it'll give you contact details for the company, which you can use to request it stops the messages. 

If this fails and you're still tearing your hair out, the final stage is to get in touch with PhonepayPlus 

and it'll investigate your complaint.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi claretblue,

this number is not listed on PhonepayPlus's Number Checker.

However entering it into EE's Third Party Services Checker shows this information:

• Short code number:60406
  • Service description:Alerts Service
  • Contact details:08081683653 or customercare@aristiinternational.com

This service is provided by Artisi International Holdings and managed by IMIMobile.

Usually Virgin are unable or unwilling to do anything about these premium rate texts but in this recent thread:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/How-to-stop-charging-SMS-texts/td-p/3117592

They were a great help so I would advise giving customer services a call on 789.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.