Menu
Helentaylor
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Premium texts/ contacting Virgin Media

I'm having difficulty contacting Virgin Media.  No Phone number and no email address.

I am being charged repeatedly on a regular basis for "premium text received".  I have no idea what this means and I cannot recognize the number quoted on my bill.  The Virgin Media help page is absolutely silent on this subject.  I have only a cheap phone which cannot receive pictures!

Can anyone enlighten me, and let me know how to stop it.

Helen Taylor

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Premium texts/ contacting Virgin Media

Hi Helen,

unfortunately there is no email address for Virgin Mobile.

However you can contact them (free call) 789 from a Virgin mobile phone or 150 from a Virgin Media landline.

Or you could try web-chat : Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Your Account > Chat online.

The advisors are almost always busy though so it may take some time to get connected.
(Use a PC or laptop and keep the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until chat becomes available).

Premium texts are a subscription based service, providing some sort of content such as news, games, competitions etc.

Perhaps you accidentally subscribed without realising? - Clicking on a "bad" link or not checking a box somewhere on a web page.

Texting back "STOP" or  “STOP ALL” to the short number (usually about 5 digits) should end the service.

Or try entering the number into EE's Third Party Services Checker to see if it can provide you with details of the company and contact them directly.

Also, this site: Phone-paid Services Authority. They are the UK regulator for premium rate services.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Premium texts/ contacting Virgin Media

Hi Helen,

unfortunately there is no email address for Virgin Mobile.

However you can contact them (free call) 789 from a Virgin mobile phone or 150 from a Virgin Media landline.

Or you could try web-chat : Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Your Account > Chat online.

The advisors are almost always busy though so it may take some time to get connected.
(Use a PC or laptop and keep the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until chat becomes available).

Premium texts are a subscription based service, providing some sort of content such as news, games, competitions etc.

Perhaps you accidentally subscribed without realising? - Clicking on a "bad" link or not checking a box somewhere on a web page.

Texting back "STOP" or  “STOP ALL” to the short number (usually about 5 digits) should end the service.

Or try entering the number into EE's Third Party Services Checker to see if it can provide you with details of the company and contact them directly.

Also, this site: Phone-paid Services Authority. They are the UK regulator for premium rate services.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png