Menu
tbyrne4
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Premium text charge and re-credit

Good evening,

My step daughter's mobile phone has a large number of premium text charges, with an automatic re-credit at the same time.  All were at 00:02 and the number in question is removed.

I noticed the same issue was raised in October 2015 and Virgin confirmed it was an issue their end that had been resolved

Based on my query, it would appear the issue has once again arisen.  Can you please confirm exactly what the issue is and what is causing these messages.

Many thanks

Tania

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Premium text charge and re-credit

Hi tbyrne4,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your step-daughter being charged for premium rate text messages. 

In order to look into this issue further, please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that we can investigate the charges for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
tbyrne4
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Thanks for your response, but I just wanted to know what was causing the premier texts.  They are being automatically refunded, so no charges are being levied.  However, this is a repeat of an issue Virgin had a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, I do not like to ring, as on two previous occasions I have been on the phone for over an hour and my issue wasn't resolved.

Can you please therefore confirm that this issue has been identified and when it will be rectified.

Many thanks

Tania

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tania,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll be happy to look into this for you to see if I can find out more what's causing this. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos