Menu
parcel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Premium rate txt

I have now received 3 premium rate txts for an adult site, I have not signed up to.                             Apart from cancelling my contract with virgin (as they know about these problems)                                                                                                                                                     WHAT CAN I DO!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Premium rate txt

Hi parcel,

have you tried contacting Virgin customer services (free) on 789 from your mobile.

They me be able to help.

Perhaps you signed up accidentally, e.g. not ticking a box or not reading the small print, clicking something by mistake.

They often use a shortcode (about 5 numbers). Texting back "STOP" or  “STOP ALL” should end the service.

You can also try entering the number into EE's Third Party Services Checker to see if that gives you contact information for the company and contact them directly.

Or this site PhonepayPlus. They are the UK regulator for premium rate services.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

parcel wrote:

I have now received 3 premium rate txts for an adult site, I have not signed up to.                             Apart from cancelling my contract with virgin (as they know about these problems)                                                                                                                                                     WHAT CAN I DO!

How long have you had your mobile phone number?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Gorf wrote:

parcel wrote:

How long have you had your mobile phone number?

Hi Gorf,

I see where you are going here, good thought Smiley Happy

If the number is new to the OP but a "recycled" mobile number. That could account for the texts without having signed up for them.

0 Kudos
parcel
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ever since Ive had a mobile (2005)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ah well, it was worth a punt.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi parcel,

that being the case, I'm sure that you wouldn't want to give your number up.

(Even if you were to cancel with Virgin and move it to another provider, that wouldn't stop premium texts being sent to it).

Have you tried the steps I suggested in my first response?

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parcel,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, I can see you've met and already had some sound advice from a few here, thanks everyone Smiley Happy

I would like to ask if you've been able to go away and try some of the methods mentioned here? The sooner is certainly the better in these cases. Also if this is something that was not your own doing, the company responsible should be able to refund you.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
parcel
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, I contacted the company who set the service up. They said they have now canceled subscription an will send out a refund for full amount. We, shall, see....
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parcel Smiley Happy

Thanks for getting back to me so soon Smiley Happy

That is certainly good news and to hear that so soon is a positive sign. I'm not in the business of putting down anyone but it's good to see that it's getting sorted for you without any resistance really, which others have mentioned in the past Smiley Happy

Did they mention a time frame?

All the best on this and keep me in the loop, I'm sure the Community would benefit from your success Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos