Menu
gesbrown
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Premium rate texts

I got an unsolicited text from some sex website which I deleted as Scam/spam  but now find that I was charged £3.00. Virgin said there was nothing they could do other than refer me to the regulator website, phonepay plus.org, who would investigate and sort it out. I was amazed to hear that Virgin cannot block premium rate texts ( or rather,they won't, as obviously they must be able to)

I will go to the regulator to register my complaint but I don't intend to make a habit of it so sadly I will be leaving Virgin for someone who will look after a loyal customer ( with 3 contracts ) rather better. Tesco mobile do blocking, any others anyone knows of , please advise. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
gesbrown
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Premium rate texts

Me again. I've been on to the Regulator, Phonepay plus. Very helpful, gave me the number of Live Communications ( Veoo ) whom I called. very helpful, Sorry and all that, "subscription" cancelled, refund coming. Seems they get phone numbers from Sites I have visited when I have ticked a box ( I DIDN'T ! ) Told me sometimes these people are over Zealous ( means they just hand out any old number if some unfortunate should visit this Website whatever it is ) I'll post again when I get the refund. Obviously nothing to do with Virgin as far as the payment is concerned as I was charged £3 for the " subscription " not the incoming text, but I'm still annoyed that Virgin won't Block when requested. Other Carriers do, Tesco, iDMobile, Giffgaff etc.  all of whom provide a similar Phone service, Cost and decent Customer Service as Virgin, so I'm changing until Virgin do the needful.

0 Kudos

All Replies
gesbrown
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Me again. I've been on to the Regulator, Phonepay plus. Very helpful, gave me the number of Live Communications ( Veoo ) whom I called. very helpful, Sorry and all that, "subscription" cancelled, refund coming. Seems they get phone numbers from Sites I have visited when I have ticked a box ( I DIDN'T ! ) Told me sometimes these people are over Zealous ( means they just hand out any old number if some unfortunate should visit this Website whatever it is ) I'll post again when I get the refund. Obviously nothing to do with Virgin as far as the payment is concerned as I was charged £3 for the " subscription " not the incoming text, but I'm still annoyed that Virgin won't Block when requested. Other Carriers do, Tesco, iDMobile, Giffgaff etc.  all of whom provide a similar Phone service, Cost and decent Customer Service as Virgin, so I'm changing until Virgin do the needful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Gesbrown.

I'm really glad to hear that you got this all sorted eventually Smiley Happy

I'm afraid the facility to block premium texts isn't available on our system.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'd love to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos