Menu
craigdawes
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Premium Rate text messages from 700040148

Afternoon all,

I am very new to this forum but not forums in general!

My 11 year old son has received 5 Premium Text messages carged at £5 a piece.

Two of them at one time 17.53 on the 15th June and three at 17.54 on the 15th June.

Has anyone else had this?

He swears that he has not signed up to anything on Facebook or replied to any 'dodgy' text messages.

They just appeared.

I called vustomer services and they say it is a company called mgage and to ring them on 020 7921 5562 and email customercare@mgage.com

I know only half a day but I have not had anything back and they dont answer the phone.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Premium Rate text messages from 700040148

Hi craigdawes,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving premium texts it's so frustrating when this happens.

I can see you've also commented on the thread here. Good to know you've not had any further texts through. I hope you get some success with the company in question.

Please let us know if you continue to receive any further texts.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
craigdawes
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I managed to find out that the company was Impulse Pay shown based in London on 0203 540 5947 or care@impulsepay.com - but when they ring you back it is  01567 380 029 - which is somewhere in Scotland!!!

I could not get through by phone so emailed three times daily every day and did not even get a read receipt.

I eventually, after 4 days, managed to get through to them by phone. After a brief discussion, with a quite off hand lady, she said they would refund the charges (£25.00)

They said that I would get a SMS message with a code on, I was to take the phone to the post office and show them this and they would give me the cash - sounds strange.....

I then called them back, and, eventually got through and said that I had text STOP ALL and may not get the sms through. She sad that the SMS comes from the post office and would be sent on Friday, 26th June. Seeing is believing..

I will post again should this happen!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi craigdawes,

Sounds like you've had quite a run around with this.

Keep in touch.

It will be nice to know you get this sortedSmiley Happy

Speak soon.

Take care.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
craigdawes
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I was proved wrong.

My son received a text message today with a code in the text. My wife went to the post office and £25 cash returned -BOOM..

PHEW. Few beers this weekend I think

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi craigdawes,

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Bet those beers tasted niceSmiley Happy

Let us know if you need anything else.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos