Menu
swf1968
Just joined
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Premium Rate Text Messages

Hi...have received 3 of the above from number 700146371. Have texted 'stop all' to the number and it won't send. Anyone know what the next move is please?...this is getting expensive!!

Helpful Answers
AndyMo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Premium Rate Text Messages

Hi,

I managed to cancel the premium text messages.

It appears my son managed to subscribe to a smart phone game service, at a charge of £4.50 per week.

I contacted the company, txtnation.com, and raised a support ticket. The ticket was resolved today and a confirmation text sent to my son (hopefully not a premium rate text :-)).

It looks like the best way to stop premium messages is to identify the source/company, and work with them direct. Virgin are not able to block specific numbers and blocking numbers on the phone doesn't appear to stop the messages (I think it just 'hides' them, so I assume charges would continue as technically they are received).

I hope this helps others.

Regards,
Andy

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The only info I can find does not relate to text but EE Third Party Checker does find this when I put in the number you gave.

Might be worth calling or emailing them.

The number you checked belongs to:

• Short code number:
  • Service description:Call Me Babe Payforit service
  • Contact details:01752485360 or help@txtnation.com

This service is provided by TxtNation and managed by mGage.

Any queries (including questions about billing or charging) should be directed to the contact details above.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi swf1968,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're still being charged by this number. I want to get this all sorted for you.

I've done some checks and I've sent you a PM with more information. You can view this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
AndyMo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Matt,

I have the same problem on one phone (scam from the same number).

I have a similar problem on another phone (scam from a different number).

It's getting very expensive and I need to resolve it quickly. We have four Virgin Mobile phones and need to address it ASAP!

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear that you're having a lot of issues with this number. I'll pop a PM your way to get this all sorted.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
CyrusBlackheart
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same boat, my phone keeps getting messages from 700038451.

Its getting expensive..

Any help?

0 Kudos
AndyMo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I emailed help@txtnation.com to request they stop sending me (well, my son) premium text messages.

I received a confirmation email and a corresponding support ticket.

Whether or not it works, we will see. Fingers crossed as it is getting very expensive.

Cheers,
Andy
0 Kudos
AndyMo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

I managed to cancel the premium text messages.

It appears my son managed to subscribe to a smart phone game service, at a charge of £4.50 per week.

I contacted the company, txtnation.com, and raised a support ticket. The ticket was resolved today and a confirmation text sent to my son (hopefully not a premium rate text :-)).

It looks like the best way to stop premium messages is to identify the source/company, and work with them direct. Virgin are not able to block specific numbers and blocking numbers on the phone doesn't appear to stop the messages (I think it just 'hides' them, so I assume charges would continue as technically they are received).

I hope this helps others.

Regards,
Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for keeping this thread updated. I'm really pleased to hear you've got the outcome you were looking for.

I see Ralph_R has marked this as solved to if others are having the same issue then this thread will be helpful for them.

If you have any further issues then feel free to start a new thread and we'll get to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
AndyMo
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear, despite being informed the premium text service was cancelled, my latest bill includes four more charges at £4.50 for each txt.

I am beginning to think the only way to stop being charged for a service we do not require is to cancel the number and obtain a new one.

Virgin Mobile - can you please help? 

Thanks,
Andy

0 Kudos