Menu
TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Post Youre SMARTCALL Faults or Annoyances HERE

Since people have issues including myself i thought id start this thread.

My two issues are

1. I get ECHO of my own voice on everycall very annoying needs fixing.

2. Need option to disable the quality of call.
Yeah Mr White.... Science
0 Kudos
steedycat
Tuning in
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Post Youre SMARTCALL Faults or Annoyances HERE

Why doesn't this install on my iPad 1, and why does it quit on launch on my T-Mobile Vivacity phone? It loads fine on my iPod Touch 5 though. I'd like to use it on all 3 devices.

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

For Blind user Gibbs02

He wrote

A blind user of the new smartcall iphone app. I use Apple's VOICEOVER screen reader to help me "see" the content on my idevice.For voiceover to operate correctly devs need to follow the accessibility guidelines set out by Apple. Sadly, in most part the smartcall app is inaccessible to blind users.

More specifically, the keypad has not been labelled correctly, nor the alert pop ups.

What this means is that the voiceover screen reader reads buttons as "black button" and "white button" which you could imagine is very confusing and frustrating.

I have identified 3 areas in which thi

s happens:

1- main keypad

2- in call keypad

3- sub menus under "more"

Please would someone notify the devs with my concerns.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Manager (Retired) Mark_Wilkin
Forum Manager (Retired)
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

TAZMANUK: That's with a Samsung S3 yes? We're taking a look at this so if anyone else is having this issue with the same phone (or a different one) could they tell us about it and post the details of their phone and its operating system. In the meantime can you tell us if turning the volume down on the phone has any effect on this problem?

Steedycat: Hi I've answered this over in the other thread here.

And the SmartCall team are also looking into the issue that Gibbs02 has raised as well.

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ill try turning volume down yes its a samsung s3
0 Kudos
trevormc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

My wife and I have been looking forward to getting the smartcall fapp or almost a year now so I went onto my apps only to find this message. 'Sorry - SmartCall is only available if you've got one of our unlimited Virgin Phone talk plans'. We are on 'Talk Anywhere 800' so my wife can often call her family in Indonesia. Yet here we are paying more than most for our phone package (over £30 a month) yet we cannot use Smartcall. We were looking forward to my wife being able to use it to call her family while out and about from her mobile and also phoning home while over there but now she can't. I am not happy about paying 'top wack' for a phone package and not being able to use Smart Call.

0 Kudos
Mike_Cross
Joining in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I have a Google Nexus 4 Smartphone. I could not locate this phone on the list of smartphones when activating SmartCall.

Installing SmartCall today, and making a call to a landline, the other end complained of loud echoing of their own voice.

This also occurred with a second call.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager (Retired) Mark_Wilkin
Forum Manager (Retired)
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've fed that back to the SmartCall team and we're going to update the list of phones to include the Nexus 4.

For the echo issue we're looking into this but in the meantime we'd advise turning down the volume as some people have had success doing that to resolve this issue.

Thanks

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the update
0 Kudos
Dunsojerin
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just thought I'd let you know I have the same echo problem and also one that no-one has mentioned so far; as soon as a connection is made I have two "beeps" sounding then a few seconds later another two sound.  I don't know if this repeats any more as so far I have only made two very short calls to try the app, these were to two different phones.  I am using HTC Desire C.

Very annoying and could stop me using the app.

0 Kudos